FAA Regulated?: Yes
Education And Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large size aircraft required.. Valid Driver’s License required.Position Purpose
Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.Job Description
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.) .
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians. .
- Protect customer property (PTP).
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags. Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility. .
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use. .
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk. .
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-offs, and to charge labor to correct work orders. .
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
The Structures Company is a national staffing firm specializing in contract, contract to hire, and direct hire placement opportunities. Our clients rely on us to support their engineering, IT, Production, Maintenance & Repair, and support staff. Our niche recruiting team is one of our biggest strengths and is why we are a top provider of talented professionals to the majority of our clients. They will help you identify the opportunity that best fits your interests while also providing industry-leading customer service.
We support the majority of aerospace OEM's and tier 1 suppliers across the United States.
The Structures Company LLC is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer (or AA/ EOE)