Founded in 2013, Flexshopper is a company that operates at the exciting intersection of point-of-sale finance and ecommerce fintech, all driven by the power of machine learning. Our patented technologies have revolutionized the way people obtain necessary goods by providing financing opportunities from some of the largest retailers, all without impacting their credit scores. We pride ourselves on offering our customers access to over 250,000 carefully curated items from 50 renowned retailers and distributors. Our online and point-of-sale presence is supplemented by over 3,000 brick and mortar stores, ensuring that our customers have a wide range of options. By combining these offerings with our innovative technologies, we provide our customers with an attainable and enjoyable shopping experience.
Joining the Flexshopper team opens up exciting opportunities. You'll have the chance to be at the forefront of ecommerce and fintech, working with cutting-edge technologies and collaborating with talented individuals who have a wealth of knowledge to offer. Whether you're interested in being part of our front-end team driving innovation or part of our back office financial and operational reporting and analytics team, Flexshopper has something to offer. In addition to competitive salaries, we value our team members and their well-being. That's why we provide a robust benefits package, including comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401k matching program up to 4%, Tri-Rail commuter passes, and a large break room stocked with gourmet coffee and snacks. We even offer exclusive gym memberships, recognizing the importance of a healthy work-life balance.
FlexShopper seeks a passionate Corporate Accountant for our Boca Raton, FL Headquarters. This role is a hands-on role that will help the Accounting department, while driving process improvements. This position will assist with certain aspects of monthly/quarterly/annual financial close process as well as with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. You must have an innate desire to drive results while playing a key role in creating a world-class accounting organization.
Essential Job Functions
· Work with several banks and with the operations department to keep the bank signers up to date. Open new bank accounts as we expand store counts
· Prepare some cash and credit card reconciliations in a timely manner
· Take ownership of the Prepaid and Accrued Expense accounts by maintaining schedules and recording journal entries accordingly
· Perform some accounts payable function, enter bills in NetSuite and submit remittance details for all operating expenses for disbursement
· Prepare year-end and quarter-end audit schedules, liaise with external auditors
· Take ownership of Sales & Use tax process. Prepare and check accuracy of the files to upload to Avalara. Prepare the credits to upload to Avalara. In charge of keeping up to date all resales certificates for all the States
· Other accounting related tasks as we expand the business
· Ability to organize, prioritize and execute on multiple conflicting deadlines
· Ability to handle high volume in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, Sumifs, etc.)
· Accuracy and attention to detail
Education and Experience
· BA/BS in Accounting required.
· MBA preferred
· 3+ years of work experience in an accounting capacity, preferably for a public company