The Monroe County School District is looking for a dynamic, highly qualified Instructional Trainer of the Exceptional Student Education Department. This exciting opportunity will afford the selected applicant the opportunity to work alongside a group of our District’s finest leaders!Primary Duties
- Provides training districtwide in areas of identified need.
- Analyzes master scheduling related to provision of Exceptional Student Education and Least Restrictive with School Administration.
- Works with teachers and paraprofessionals with regard to creating a positive learning environment.
- Support secondary transition process for students exiting to post-secondary outcomes and the option to defer diplomas.
- Leads the interagency council of community members to support secondary transition which includes Transition to Independence Employment and Success (TIES), Work-Based Learning Experiences (WBLE), Project 10, Vocational Rehabilitation(VR), this also includes necessary Waivers for Students with Disabilities.
- Liaison for the Florida Department of Education in areas of focus.
- Participates as a member of the Exceptional Student Leadership Team and provide Allocation Support.
- Supervise the Exceptional Student Education Graduation Coach, VR Job Coach and Job Coaches throughout the district as their Team Leader.
- Contribute to DAPPS team (Dated, Achievable, Personal, Positive, Specific) for district-wide problem solving.
- Support Exceptional Student Education with necessary reports from Focus
- Requires a minimum of a master’s degree. Educational Leadership preferred.
- Must be eligible for Florida certification in Exceptional Student Education K-12 from the Florida Department of Education
- Previous classroom teaching experience is preferred.
- Requires a valid state driver’s license.
- May be required to obtain other specific certifications or complete coursework as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Starting Salary: $81,700
254 Day Duty Calendar - 8 hours/day