South Beach - Miami Beach, FL
$52,000.00 - $54,999.00 Salary/year
The Financial Aid Counselor for Continuing Students guides and manages the overall Financial Aid application process for student aid applicants at NYFA, maintaining federal regulatory compliance through experience and expertise.Representative Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The day-to-day duties required of this position may vary.
Knowledge And Competencies
- Assists continuing and transfer students through the Free Application Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Federal Student Aid (FSA) process. Provides necessary financial aid-related education and materials to students and parents.
- Determines student eligibility for FSA program funds through federal regulatory requirements and need determination.
- Provides students with College Financing Plans through PandaDoc application.
- Reviews FAFSA and other submitted documents for completion and accuracy.
- Advises Financial Aid Director of any potential student issues or requests for professional judgment.
- Reviews continuing students’ Satisfactory Academic Progress with Financial Aid Director.
- Reviews state-based grant funding eligibility with Financial Aid Director.
- Participates in the Returning Student Clearance process managed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Reviews all cost of attendance appeals and prepares documents for approval by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Collaborates with Office of Academic Affairs and Academic Advisors to review implications to the student’s award when evaluating a change to enrollment status or courseload.
- Attends regional and national Financial Aid training seminars for continuous updates in industry and compliance requirements.
- Assists the Financial Aid Director with support projects as assigned.
- Assists other NYFA campuses as needed during peak processing time periods.
Representative Machines, Tools, Equipment And/Or Software Used
- Broad knowledge and experience federal compliance, customer service and counseling methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with other Financial Aid staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with fellow campus partners.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must have experience with Word, Excel and skills in database management and record-keeping.
- Ethical / Honest - evidence of the practice of a high level confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Service and Action oriented does what it takes to meet the expectations of customers.
- Collaborative enlists information from all sources to ensure the best solution to an issue.
THE FOLLOWING MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND / OR SOFTWARE ARE COMMONLY, BUT NOT ALWAYS, ASSOCIATED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS POSITION. ACTUAL MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/ OR SOFTWARE USED WILL VARY.
Environmental / Atmospheric Working Conditions
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Google Workspace including Gmail, Google Sheets and Calendar
- FileMaker Pro and College Board PowerFAIDS
The following environmental / atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Hybrid work schedule with travel to the South Beach Campus. O n-campus for 2-3 days a week.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by employees in this position. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to New York Film Academy’s Personnel Policies & Procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.