- You will oversee the development, testing, operation, implementation, and maintenance of software systems as well as the selection of commercial off-?the-shelf software.
- You will develop structured testing techniques to conduct application software design analysis.
- You will coordinate with customers to address information technology (IT) life cycle needs.
- You will resolve information technology (IT) issues by using problem management systems.
- You will maintain and ensure the security of information systems, incorporating security throughout software/computer system life cycle.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a DoD Cyber Workforce Framework position. You must obtain and maintain credentials for specialty area D632 System Development level Intermediate within 12 months of appointment.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Designing, documenting, developing, modifying, testing, implementing, and supporting new or existing application software; 2) Testing, monitoring, and evaluating Information Technology technologies during design, development, procurement and/or implementation to ensure internal and external requirements are met; 3) Providing excellent customer service and effectively communicate with stakeholders; and 4) Utilizing the information technology specifications needed to execute tasks to support end user functional requirements.
Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
- NOTE: This experience must be fully and clearly supported in your resume.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Applicants that do not meet the specialized experience may qualify with education or a combination of experience and education as listed below. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work:
Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
Successful completion of 3 full years (54 hours) of progressively higher graduate level education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, graduate education that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Salary falls under Special Salary Rate (SSR) pay table 999B.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at:
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
- A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.