DOCS Health is seeking Registered Nurses to support FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) to provide vital medical support and assistance during emergencies and disaster response efforts.
We are looking looking for Nurses to provide services at FEMA Headquarters as well as at other FEMA regional office locations and at disaster locations. Positions available are Full Time and Part Time. As a Registered Nurse, you will play a crucial role in delivering quality healthcare services to FEMA personnel that are performing critical services in areas affected by natural disasters, public health crises, and other emergencies.
- Provide direct patient care to FEMA personnel individuals.
- Assess and prioritize medical needs of patients, ensuring timely and appropriate interventions.
- Administer medications, treatments, and procedures in accordance with medical protocols and standards.
- Monitor patient conditions, document observations, and maintain accurate medical records.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and emergency response teams to coordinate patient care and services.
- Educate individuals and communities on health and safety measures during disaster situations.
- Assist in setting up and managing medical facilities in disaster-affected areas.
- Adhere to FEMA's policies, procedures, and guidelines related to disaster response and healthcare delivery.
- 8 or 12 Hour Shifts
- Completion of an Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited registered nursing program.
- Certification Possess a minimum of CPR and BLS (Basic Life Support) certification. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification may be required for working in austere conditions.
- Experience Minimum of 2 years of recent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
- State Licensure Must hold an unrestricted license in a state, territory, or Commonwealth of the United States.
- Additional Requirements
- Flexibility Ability to adapt to changing schedules, work hours, and deployment locations based on FEMA's needs and task orders.
- Resilience Capacity to handle high-stress situations and work effectively in challenging and austere environments.
- Communication Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, team members, and the public.
- Team Player Willingness to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude.
- Working Conditions The nature of FEMA's work requires Registered Nurses to be available for deployment at varying hours, days, and months, based on specific disaster response requirements. The deployment locations may be regional (e.g., Region IV -Atlanta) or at FEMA Headquarters (Washington D.C) , and nurses may be required to work in austere conditions during emergencies.
With over three decades of experience, we are a trusted industry leader. Our experienced team of clinicians and logistics professionals are dedicated and strive to do the right thing for our partners and their members every time. Because of this commitment, we’ve set a new standard of care delivery through our fixed-clinic, mobile treatment center, telemedicine, and portable deployment models.
Join our team and become a part of a bridge for better health!
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo background check (including criminal record check) and drug screening. We use E-Verify in our hiring process.
DOCS Health is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. DOCS Health will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person's sex (including pregnancy), age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender nonconformity, status as a transgender individual, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, family responsibility, armed services, or any other status protected by law.