The supervisor’s position requires strong communication skills, an ability to juggle several tasks and the willingness and ability to complete paperwork. This position requires consistent adherence to policies and procedures of the department as outlined in the Biltmore Standard Operating Procedures (BSOP’S).Responsibilities
- The Assistant Manager is the one in charge of making sure that the restaurant has all the tools necessary to open and manage the restaurant during the day.
- Ensure that all staff is in the proper uniform, tasks are being completed, and service is to hotel standards.
- Make sure that all side jobs are complete and everybody is ready to open the restaurant on time.
- Manage and maintain proper staffing levels
- Assist in completing/complete forecasts and schedules for both restaurant staff, pm staff, bartending staff, and pool staff
- Assign opening and closing side jobs.
- Walk the floor to ensure that all pool area and restaurant area is clean
- Maintain a good eye contact with guest and coworkers.
- Maintain proper budget levels, monitor budget levels, suggest improvements and implementations to save cost and ensure higher revenue.
- Supervise the floor and ensure that every customer is 100% satisfied.
- Follow up on customer requests.
- Provide training guidelines and train to LQA standards.
- Assist the supervisor in any duties needed on the floor to provide a high level of service.
- Make sure that all servers have knowledge of all specials for the day.
- At the end of the day, check with the supervisor the completion of side jobs.
- Find solutions to customer’s challenges.
- Daily bar check to ensure that they are clean, sanitized and well stocked according to par levels.
- Maintain payroll and monitor employee hours, vacation, cabana service charges, and server tip out.
- Manage menu updates, sending proper updates as needed to webmaster and notifying hotel of any changes.
- Attend F&B meeting with Director
- Provide staff incentives, engage with staff, challenge staff to provide luxury service
- Monitor bar levels and requisitions, managing food cost
- Sending purchase orders as needed, requisitions as needed.
- Maintaining uniform levels of staff, back up uniform levels, maintaining inventory for pool products such as: towels, covers, chairs, trash pickers, plates, silverware, etc.
- Focus on staff training and creation of tests, supplying supervisor with necessary materials for proper pre-shifts and trainings.
- Monitor and track employee history, evaluations, disciplinary documents, staff meeting checklists, pool attendant meeting checklists, day off requests, vacation requests, school days off request.
Experience and Education Required
Experience And Education Required
High School Diploma or GED equivalence required.
One year of prior restaurant experience desired.Skills Required
- Must be able to:
- Speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Think clearly, remaining calm and resolving problems using sound judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
- Use a computer keyboard and possess basic typing skills.
- Possess moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Adept to multitasking.
- Work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to:
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Use, carry, and operate all necessary office equipment using finger dexterity.
- Communicate with employees, managers, subordinates and guests through verbal communication, hearing ability, and visual acuity.
- Visually look at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Adapt to moderate temperatures in the hotel as thermostat is controlled by hotel environmental systems. Most work tasks are performed indoors.
Licenses or Certifications
- Team Player
- Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
- Listens carefully and works well with others
- Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
- Guest Focused
- Anticipates guests’ needs and is sensitive to people from all cultures
- Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach
- Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with internal and external guests
- Delivers their Best
- Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
- Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work more efficiently
- Always looks their best and acts appropriately (e.g. approaching guests, body language)
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrates maturity and ability to cope with the unexpected
- Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the highest standards
- Trustworthy and responsible
- Excellent records of attendance and punctuality
- Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and trust
- Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Makes decisions in a timely manner
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow The Biltmore Hotel policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.Grooming
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Biltmore Hotel standards.