Bags, a SP+ Company, is driven by Our Promise, “Making Every Moment Matter for a World on the Go.” Our team understands that time is scarce, so we are intentional about putting ourselves in the shoes of those we serve. The result is a unique combination of talented people and industry-leading technology that enables SP+ to prioritize each and every moment, recognizing that the time colleagues, clients and customers invest in us must always matter.
Work at a busy Airport curbside location assisting guests by checking their luggage and issuing boarding passes.
The Airport Curbside Concierge Check-in Agent (Skycap) role will require that you work outside on the curb to check-in passengers for their flights. This is a physically demanding job, requires on-the-job security training and the ability to receive all applicable airport badges.
- Requires airline compliance training to be completed in a timely manner.
- Pay starts at $11.00 per hour (+ Tips $$$$), with high potential of making tips throughout the shift
- Part-Time Positions Available
- Must have the ability and availability to work weekends, open availability is preferred
- The ability to work 3rd shifts or overnight shifts is not required.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions
- Must be able to complete airline compliance training within company-given timeframe
- Shifts start very early in the morning and continue into the afternoon
- Previous Customer Service experience preferred - Paid Training
- Benefits: 401k - Medical Insurance - Dental Insurance - Vision Insurance o Starting Pay $11.00/hour + Tips; this position has a high potential of making tips throughout the shift
A Curbside Concierge - Airline Check-in Agent's responsibilities include handling and securing luggage according to the Transportation Security Administrations’ (TSA) standards. Other responsibilities include issuing boarding passes and tagging bags for airline passengers on departing flights. The Curbside Concierge will also provide general information to passengers about locations/directions and flight information; The Curbside Concierge is expected to provide a high level of customer service to the passengers of the airlines and clients that Bags, Inc. services. The Curbside Concierge is familiar with the Safety, Security & Dangerous Goods as well as HAZMAT procedures, through annual training provided by Bags, Inc. and the air carriers’ partners. They are required to maintain a positive and friendly attitude in a fast paced, high volume active guest service environment
- Immediately and warmly greet Guests as they approach the desk.
- Assist guest with check-in of luggage to appropriate airlines. Verify the guest flight itinerary and number of bags being checked.
- Input guest information for those who have not previously enrolled in the process.
- Process the check in of the guests’ bags to include charging guests credit card for bags as per airline requirements.
- Weigh guests’ bags to verify appropriate weight of bags and charge for overweight bags.
- Appropriately tag guest luggage with destination tags.
- Provide Boarding Pass, Luggage Claim tickets and receipt (if applicable) to guests before they leave desk.
- Immediately upon accepting luggage and completion of processing guest, secure luggage.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain a positive, friendly and professional manner at all times
- Organize and stock the Concierge desk.
- Uphold clients guest service guidelines and values.
- Need to be able to manage payments (credit card) received from guests
- Answer telephones and guest questions.
- The ability to manage simple addition.
- Ability to work in the early morning rotation
- At least 6 months experience in a face-to-face guest service position preferred
- Data Entry and/or computer experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with guests and clients
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions required
- Knowledge of the airline or travel industry preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully pass the pre-employment criminal background screening.
- Must pass pre-employment Drug Testing process.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Follow company appearance guidelines
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to push luggage cages both empty (approximately 100 lbs) and full.
- Weather: Outdoors 100% of the time including all temperatures and types of weather (rain / humid / allergy related issues / etc).
- Noise: Continued vehicle noise including vehicle horns, multiple conversations and large group noise.
- Standing: 100%. Must be able to stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- Will consistently and regularly (up to 100%) be required to lift, carrying, reach, push, and pull up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally (11-33%) be required to bend, squat, and kneel.
- Walking: 50%
Employees are expected at all times to present a professional business-like image, even when working behind the scenes. It is the policy of the Company that each employee’s dress, grooming, and personal hygiene should be appropriate to the work situation and be consistent with the Company’s business standards.
- With the exception of a fully-grown mustache, beard, or goatee all men must be clean shaven.
- No visible tattoos or body piercings are allowed. Any tattoos must be covered by your uniform or other means agreed upon by management.
- Clean & well-maintained approved uniforms must be worn on shift
- Additional requirements as specified by management
Salary Range: $11.00 - $21.00 per hour
(Please note that the salary range referenced in this job posting is inclusive of both the hourly rate and estimated tips earned per hour).
Benefits: Eligible employees will participate in the various benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, long/short term disability, life insurance, accident insurance, 401k and paid time off.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand; walk. The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 75 pounds regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.