Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing SOF led, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC and strategic partner locations in Virginia Beach and Coronado. As a small business with a tight knit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions.
Spathe Systems is seeking an Academic Instructor
for the Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) mission in support of United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).Clearance
TOP SECRET clearance required; SCI eligibleJob Description
SPATHE is looking for a qualified person to support our multi-year contract with the Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) mission in support of USSOCOM. As an Academic Instructor, provide subject matter expertise instruction to JSOU students and support and assist in the execution of JSOU’s educational support services with emphasis on military studies.Requirements
- Provide expertise in research, curriculum development, and classroom presentation for SOCOM courses containing information up to and including TS/SCI material.
- Research, develop, and present multiple courses revolving around ACCM programs.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, analyze, and instruct the assigned topic-focused curriculum.
- Present, lecture, and instruct classes/courses, seminars, and special events related to JSOU education projects/programs.
- Advance the professional body of knowledge through relevant conference and symposia attendance, presentation, panel participation or through relevant research and publishing.
- Provide professional curriculum and instruction, research and writing, student support, and course leadership for the SOCOM Enterprise.
- Facilitate and lead course analysis and design to ensure the learning objectives, outcomes, and assessments support the course goals and meet the assigned education level standards (graduate or undergraduate).
- Build, deliver, evaluate, and update all assigned topic-focused lessons and related materials per the JSOU Faculty and Staff Guide and all necessary distributed or distance learning content.
- Prepare and present all course materials to JSOU’s governance committees to meet JSOU’s curriculum review requirement in accordance with the JSOU Faculty and Staff Guide.
- Prepare, collect, and report education-related data on course instruction, assessments, and students as required by institutional effectiveness and as assigned by the department.
- Transfer knowledge to the DoD, interagency, and academic communities through purposeful outreach (e.g. collaborative research, seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications).
- Support curriculum workshop participation through the review, proofreading, and critiquing of materials, lectures, presentations, draft publications, and other staffed documents.
- MA/MS in one of the broad academic specialties listed Political Science, International Affairs/International Relations, History/Military History, Cultural and Regional Studies, Strategy, or Information/Influence Operations. Degree must be from a regionally accredited U.S. college/university or internationally recognized college/university.
- 5 years’ experience within the SOF community.
- 3 years’ post-secondary faculty experience with classroom delivery techniques to include distributed and distance learning.
JSOU Campus, MacDill AFB, FLBenefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Federal Holidays
0800-1700 Mon-Fri adjusted hours as needed.Travel
- Travel is required to various CONUS and OCONUS locations, including hazardous sites. The candidate will travel as initiated by written tasking.
MJ074AIN - MJ084AIN