Senior Director, Parts Supply Chain (On-site, Hybrid)
AutoNation, the nation’s most admired Dealership group, is in an exciting phase of innovation and growth. We are looking for a highly detail-oriented Senior DIrector, Parts Supply Chain to join our expanding Parts team. The Parts Team maintains a focus on maximizing automotive parts sales and parts profits. The ideal candidate will have robust experience in driving supply chain operations that lead to decreased costs and increased efficiencies.
This role is responsible for identifying and implementing a national, dynamic distribution process and full logistics operations to support AutoNation’s OE parts, private-label parts, aftermarket parts, and AutoGear accessories. This Senior Director will use advanced analytics and data as a driving force, creating a national inventory strategy based on sales, market data, and other inputs to minimize expenses and maximize profits. They will work closely with our stores and customers (end consumer as well as wholesale customers) to provide effective and timely delivery of products. Ongoing they will implement measures to monitor the performance of our distribution centers in the warehouse and delivery of goods both inbound and outbound. This role will also be responsible for creating an inventory analysis tool to continuously monitor and improve inventory levels to optimize SKU placement across all AutoNation locations nationwide.
Ongoing they will assist with communications between AutoNation’s various departments, generate reports and administer dashboards detailing logistics performance KPI’s, and make business recommendations on how to move the business forward and increase profits. Additionally, this role will support our eCommerce program and wholesale parts network. This position reports to the COO of PrecisionParts and is an onsite / hybrid position with offices in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Develop and implement a distribution strategy to support AutoNation’s parts programs.
- Create an advanced analytics-based inventory and supply chain modeling tool to support all parts channels, including wholesale and eCommerce.
- Responsible for working closely with the Parts Team to orchestrate all inbound and outbound freight as well as the placement of products in our network.
- Responsible for P&L management of business functions.
- Maintain high standards in warehouse performance and inventory control per AutoNation policies and procedures.
- Identify and launch systems and tools that are needed to manage inventory across the network as well as at individual locations (DMS or other)
- Develop and implement delivery strategies for distributing products across the network including our stores and the end customers, consumers and wholesale business.
- Create and monitor performance metrics relating to delivery including time from order to end customer.
- Continually review cost and process to drive on going improved parts performance profitability. throughout the network
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Business or another related field
- 7-10 years of supply chain and inventory strategy management of multi-location enterprise with a national footprint.
- Able to independently research, understand, and present sales and profitability metrics.
- Master of large data set analysis (millions of SKUs), and advanced analytic modeling tools (advanced MS Excel, MS Access, PowerBI, etc.) and Power Point
- Strong understanding of product management and product marketing
- Online sales distribution experience
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and take appropriate actions as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving atmosphere.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to independently research and analyze supply base.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- P&L expertise
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Master’s / PhD in Business, Analytics, or Marketing/Sales and 10 years’ experience in Sales strategy
- Experience with Automotive Parts
- Experience in competitive parts pricing strategies including B2B and e-commerce.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers, ideally in the parts and logistics space.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or WMS software highly preferred.
- Experience with BI and/or Tableau.
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics
AutoNation, a provider of personalized transportation services, is driven by innovation and transformation. As one of America's most admired companies, AutoNation delivers a peerless Customer experience recognized by data-driven consumer insight leaders, Reputation and J.D. Power. Through its bold leadership and brand affinity, the AutoNation Brand is synonymous with "DRVPNK" and "What Drives You, Drives Us." AutoNation has a singular focus on personalized transportation services that are easy, transparent, and Customer-centric.
Click here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.