Summary of Duties:
The Director of Operations will lead the company’s Part 135 flight operations in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. This role is responsible for supporting management and operational functions while reporting directly to the executive leadership. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of Part 135 operating requirements and possess the ability to lead and motivate the team in excellent operational performance.
The ability to work independently as well as in a group is essential in leading the Chief Pilot and operational personnel. All of the duties must be performed in a way that fosters collaborative open communication among leadership teams and management.
This position requires ATP Certification and recent Part 135/121 operations or flight experience (at least 2 years in the past 6).
Reports to: The Director of Operations reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
Director of Operations Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working relationship with the FAA Certificate Holding District Office
- Operational control of company in compliance with CFR Part 135
- Oversight of all company training programs, policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains the Operational Specifications for Part 135 Operations
- Direct ownership of the company General Operations Manual
- Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance and Chief pilot regarding policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration approved drug and alcohol program
- Establish and implement operating practices and procedures in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations to attain company objectives within the framework of established company policy, which will maintain the highest safety standards and quality of service
- Recruit, hire, and train company personnel according to company and operational requirements
- Work with the team to effectively onboard and introduce new hires
- Work with the team, internally, and the FAA to establish appropriate flight standards, develop training curricula, etc.
- Oversee the flight operations and compliance with all applicable regulations, company values, financial targets and operational performance.
- Ensure compliance with all Part 135 Regulation
- Ensure all flight operations are conducted in a responsible manner with safety being of the highest priority.
- Facilitate and delegate projects as necessary
- Perform public outreach using various means
- Perform collateral duties as required
- ATP Certificate
- 3 years of experience(within the last 6 years) in Part 135 or Part 121 flight operations as a Pilot in Command for candidates without prior Director of Operations experience
- 3 years of experience as pilot in command of an aircraft conducted under Part 121 or 135 for candidates with previous Director of Operations experience
- 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience in Part 135 or 121 operations (Preferred)
- Solid understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Safety Management Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Business, or related field (preferred)
- Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS) (preferred)
- Ability to take ownership, problem solve and display a high level of accountability
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor and motivate
- Proficient in Google Business software applications
- Good organization and communication skills, both oral and written
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to record, monitor and process information accurately
- Ability to foster a cohesive team environment across a large geographical area
- Must be able to promote a work environment where team members effectively collaborate, trust, demonstrate flexibility, and focus on safety Citizenship This position requires U.S. Citizenship.