Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist who will provide on-location HR support at our facility in Ormond Beach, FL to employees to ensure effective and sustainable workplace relations and performance in close collaboration with HR network. In this role, you will apply HR policies defined by Group Centers of Excellence (CoE). The demand for electricity is constantly growing, while our natural resources become scarcer. To meet the needs of this changing world, ABB is dedicated to pioneering digital technologies that create safe, smart and sustainable electrification, from source to socket, for everyone. This position is expected to work on site in Ormond Beach, FL.
This position reports to
HR Business Partner
- Assist in deployment of divisional/corporate HR strategy and initiatives as well as the development and delivery of developmental training and opportunities for employees.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient workplace.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and undertake tasks related to performance management.
- Process payroll on a weekly basis.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Human Resources or related field preferred an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 2 years of human resource experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Staffing experience is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in Microsoft office applications.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and ability to gather and analyze information objectively and skillfully.
- Proven ability to balance business partnership with employee advocacy.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn Workday.
- Payroll experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, personal integrity, organizational and prioritization skills, and an appreciation of the need for confidentiality.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.88961725