What you'll do...About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models, and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
*Must be able to relocate within the regional area following Emerging HRM role and open to travel. This is a development HRM role to prepare for an HRM role within a Fulfillment Center. Primary location while an Emerging HRM is (Atlanta or Dallas).*
You'll be responsible for...
- Communicating with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Serving as a community liaison by participating in local and community organizations and charitable activities; champion company-sponsored programs and events to associates, customers, and the local community.
- Supervising and/or managing associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
- Investigating and ensuring associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Driving and implementing the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Ensuring compliance with company HR policies and local, state, and federal laws and regulations by reviewing and managing the accuracy, confidentiality and maintenance of HR-documents; assisting in the implementation of and ensuring compliance with HR systems applications; advising on, researching, and resolving HR-related issues; and analyzing information and data to recommend and/or make HR business decisions.
- Monitoring and ensuring area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Overseeing, directing, and conducting day-to-day operations of all HR related functions (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll, associate relations programs) by executing and refining recruiting and staffing initiatives; monitoring the completion of training curricula; and addressing employment-related concerns for applicants, associates and managers.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 2 years' experience in human resources or related area OR 4 years' experience in human resources or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Human Resources certification, Project Management, Project Management Certification, Supervisory
5100 N RIDGE TRL, DAVENPORT, FL 33897-6414, United States of America