The Senior Director of Portfolio Management Community & Commercial Lending
acts as the owner's representative in monitoring the portfolio and both supporting and holding borrowers we have granted loans to, as accountable for achieving their business plan, and providing us with the needed reporting. Success in this role will be achieved in part by being hands-on, consistently driving performance, and mitigating risk through diligent efforts, communication, and accountability. This team member works closely with other departments including Underwriting, Construction and Development, Transaction Management, and Accounting.What you have already achieved: (Requirements)
What you are great at: (Responsibilities)
- 7 years experience in Portfolio or Asset Management
- At least 3 years managing a large portfolio
- Advanced analytics and modeling skills
- High level proficiency with Excel and Google Suite
- Ability to travel
What you're motivated by:
- Using quantitative and analytical skills to assess the asset's overall health status, capital needs, risks mitigation, budget, and proforma achievement progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Hold Sponsor accountable to the defined business strategy and achievement of budget expectations through regular weekly performance update meetings, monthly reporting and ongoing communication.
- Collaborate with Underwriting Team, Transaction Management, Fund Manager, Construction, and Property Management.
- Proactively maintain and review ongoing performance reports related to the financial and operational performance of the asset or portfolio in conjunction with budgeted expectations, operational metrics, and underwriting returns.
- Support Sponsor and Property Manager in developing a written, defined plan for prompt turnaround of every underperforming asset.
- Monitor and drive exceptional portfolio performance by ensuring sponsor is actively and aggressively pursuing and outperforming increased revenues, ROI, and market competitors.
- Ensure cost segregation and tax appeals are performed at all assets with most favorable outcomes achieved per the asset strategy.
- Manage multiple assets (SF, MF or commercial) driving and analyzing execution success of the business plan and budget
- Identify meaningful data insights, impact analysis reports, and deliver well written, thoughtful reports to key stakeholders
- Assess performance of the assets relative to original underwriting strategies or business plans and industry benchmarks. Report, present findings, and action recommendations to management on monthly and quarterly performance relative to the original underwriting strategies or business plans and industry benchmarks.
- Identify potential expense savings through review of all expenditures, efficiency improvements, and marketing programs that drive customer loyalty with longer term leases.
- Work with sponsors, Construction Management, Property Management and Accounting Teams to ensure effective management of lender/construction draws, reserves, and lender holdbacks on both managed assets and joint venture partnerships with outside management.
- Stay abreast of business trends and provide recommendations, bidding, and recommendations for management of ancillary income opportunities.
- Keep SalesForce, DealPath, and any other core systems up to date and accurate at all times. Become proficient with property management software used by sponsor, to enable fact checking, performance review, and report pulls.
- Stay abreast of business trends and provide bidding and recommendations for management of ancillary income opportunities.
- Work closely with DLP's Construction Lending department to manage and oversee the construction plan.
- Actively manage loan compliance and leverage underwriting team to assist in re-underwriting borrower, asset, and business plan.
- Dedicated time to conduct physical site visits and to have direct borrower interactions, focusing on Elite members, and growing sponsor relationship with DLP on future transactions and for future business referrals of other potential Elite members.
- Actively manage loan extension and leverage Underwriting Team to assist in re-underwriting borrower, asset, and business plan.
- Manage the physical inspection of the asset per SOP.
- Monitor cash position of each investment, manage capital needs in accordance with loan docs, asset preservation, and all regulatory requirements.
- A fast pace. We’ve grown exponentially and new team members continue to join our DLP family.
- A leadership team that trusts each other, communicates effectively, and is committed to helping team members grow, both personally and professionally.
- Visionary, smart, and innovative CEO. Ours is the kind of leader you read about, hope to work with, and learn from.
- A culture focused on developing and investing in team members - coaching, training, and supporting each other. We have a mantra of “Leaders made here” at DLP, focused on developing and growing leaders.
At DLP Capital, we are committed to making an impact - whether it's through acquiring and developing real estate, building relationships, or empowering our clients with the tools they need to achieve their dreams. We deliver a suite of services including lending, investment funds management, and loan servicing in addition to an exclusive membership platform focused on scaling businesses and preserving wealth. We are proud to have been named on multiple Best Places to Work lists for more than six years, and have remained on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for 10 consecutive years.Benefits and Perks:
Unlimited PTO, Hybrid schedule, health/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) matching, learning/educational incentives, Volunteer Time Off, well-being programs, company events, self improvement/productivity tools, & the incredible feeling of making a difference.
Powered by JazzHR