Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.Note that if you are viewing this posting on an external job board (such as Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, etc.), unless specifically stated in the posting, the provided salary estimates may not be accurate as they are not provided by Saddle Creek. Our recruiters look forward to speaking with you about your background, skills, and compensation requirements.
The Director of Corporate Real Estate role is part of our corporate support group and will report to the Senior Vice President of Customer Solutions and Organizational Development, this position will lead a team focused on real estate transaction management, site selection, market analysis, Lease negotiations, budgeting/forecasting, property management, and data analytics to identify improvement opportunities.
This is a high-visibility role will collaborate internally with our executive leadership, general managers, and functional teams (finance & accounting, legal, operations, marketing), as well as externally with landlords, brokers, environmental consultants, developers, and vendors.Responsibilities
- Managing our existing real estate protocols and properties to include:
- Perform and manage all facets of due diligence for new real estate purchase and lease opportunities – environmental, surveys, zoning, physical inspection, engineering studies, and any other considerations related to location/facility feasibility.
- Develop and maintain the business relationship with our preferred CRE Broker, Landlords, and industry professionals
- Work with Legal Services on Lease negotiations and Lease renewals
- Work with internal business partners to identify, analyze and present business case justification for new real estate opportunities.
- Oversee the Lease administration work done by others involving reconciliation of TCAM, utilities, and other operating expenses to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payment
- Track real estate market data to support the negotiation process and decision-making.
- Manage real estate transaction timelines and workstreams alongside internal and external partners.
- Manage a team that works with location leadership to manage on-going building repairs and maintenance, oversee major projects, perform building assessments and mechanical inspections, develop capital improvement plans for budgeting, standardize vendor selection and management, and benchmark operating expenses to identify potential cost savings
- Work closely with executives and other Saddle Creek teams such as operations, solutions engineering, business delivery, finance, legal, IS, and human resources to meet ever-changing demands of internal and external stakeholders on all CRE and facilities activity.
- Proactively provide new ideas and emerging industry trends that support internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, maintain, report, and review standardized S&OP process flows for corporate Real Estate and building asset (property) management
- Hire, develop, inspire, and coach a decentralized team of asset (property) managers
- Develop, maintain, and execute processes and tools to share best practices
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and act as the corporate real estate advocate on all levels of the Saddle Creek organization
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, finance, accounting, or related study
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressive work experience in transactional commercial Real Estate and corporate development, and three to Five (3-5) years warehouse operations experience
- Understanding of real estate concepts and principles, as well as commercial building maintenance and capital budget planning
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Leases
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Working knowledge of the Third-Party Logistics (3PL) industry
- Experience in continuous improvement disciplines of LEAN, Six-Sigma a plus
- MBA or MRED a plus
- CCIM applicant or CCIM designee
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Ability to support, inspire and coach remote teams
- Demonstrates a commitment to supporting and driving operational process excellence.
- Possesses critical thinking ability-analytical problem solving with significant amount of information
- Possesses creative thinking ability-dealing with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Displays a sense of urgency and a demonstrated ability in the areas of time management and adherence to deadlines
- Must have solid presentation and communication skills with the ability to persuade internal and external customers in relation to continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to influence, negotiate and resolve conflict to ensure buy-in and common goals
- High moral standards. Represent the SCLS brand well in all transactions and negotiations.
- Ability to travel
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA and medical reimbursement
- Annual bonus eligibility
- 401(k) match
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employee assistance and identity theft protection
- Career development and opportunity for internal promotions
- Tuition reimbursement for further education
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
Saddle Creek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and existing associates and evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, color, religious creed, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, medical condition, military and veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, governmental regulations and executive orders. View the EEO poster here. View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision here. View the E-Verify Posting here.
Saddle Creek is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a career opportunity, please send an e-mail to Disability.email@example.com and let us know your contact information and the nature of your request.