Job Description: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Location: Brickell, FL
Phoenix Pro Connect is partnering with an evolving Private Credit and Private Equity firm in Miami, managing diverse funds. As the organization progresses, it's imperative to prioritize operational excellence, transformative culture, and risk management. To this end, we are searching for a dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO) who can be a beacon of these values, either currently based in or considering relocation to South Florida.
Though the role won't be directly intertwined with the investment and deal-making facet of the business, the COO will still provide invaluable support and oversight from an operational and compliance perspective. This will ensure streamlined processes, risk mitigation, and the highest levels of operational integrity.
Strategic Operations: Drive the company's operational strategy and ensure its alignment with business goals. Dive deep into the company's segments: Investor Relations, Deals and Portfolio Management, Operations Compliance, and Culture. Develop robust plans, integrating budget and human resource strategies to deliver unparalleled service quality. Operational Excellence and Culture: The COO will be a pivotal figure, embodying and promoting a culture of excellence, innovation, and transparency. They will also initiate transformative changes that refine and revolutionize how things are done by utilizing data-enhancing reporting and always prioritizing consistent growth and improvement. Compliance and Risk: Lead the Operations, Compliance, and Culture departments. Ensure the design and implementation of top-tier compliance programs that are frequently updated. Uphold regulatory compliance across all operations, particularly concerning SEC reporting, and guarantee strict adherence to Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Operational Acumen: Proven experience in leading operations, with a knack for spotting areas of improvement and implementing strategies that elevate operational excellence.
Industry Experience: A strong background in Private Equity or Private Credit is desired. Prior roles related to compliance, especially within an SEC-registered investment advisor domain, will be considered highly valuable.
Compliance and Risk Management: Proficient understanding of the Investment Advisers Act and federal securities regulations. Should have a keen eye for risk and be adept at introducing measures to mitigate them.
Team Dynamics: Ability to guide and inspire, emphasizing the importance of a unified approach that’s transparent and collaborative. Partnership: Work seamlessly with the Managing Partner, focusing on refining operations, compliance, and nurturing the firm's culture.
- Investor Relations: Strengthen ties with the fund's investor base, contribute to strategy, manage submissions, and support promotional ventures through operational excellence and Risk management perspective.
- Financial Planning/Accounting: Collaborate with the CFO to ensure top-tier standards in various financial areas. Oversee insurance portfolios and operational blueprints.
- IT, Cybersecurity & Data Management: Monitor system maintenance, ensure quality in partnerships, especially cybersecurity, and manage firm-centric data analytics.
- Additional Tasks: Drive transformative changes across staff management, maintain directorship records, and participate in change management initiatives.
- The successful COO will profoundly influence the direction and success of our partner firm, emphasizing streamlined processes, operational excellence, and a transformative company culture.
- This is not just a role; it's an opportunity to be at the heart of change and innovation.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or other related disciplines is a prerequisite. Master's degree in a relevant field is highly desirable