- You will analyze, design, develop, test, installing, and implement IT products delivered to headquarters, training education activities, other Navy commands and other services as directed for professional development and training.
- You will provide guidance to system developers and design and implement repeatable testing processes to ensure software meets operational requirements.
- You will identify, analyze, specify, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements needed to achieve customer, organization, and DON goals.
- You will maintain, monitor and ensure the security of information systems in an effective, inter-operable, scalable, reliable, integrated, compliant, and affordable fashion.
- You will analyze and refine systems requirements from systems analysis documentation and translate systems requirements into applications prototypes.
- You will develop, maintain, and validate appropriate systems design documentation and ensure documentation reflects the appropriate interface requirements.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area System Development (632), Intermediate level within 12 months of appointment.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Designing, documenting, developing, modifying, testing, implementing, and supporting new or existing application software; 2) Testing, monitoring, and evaluating Information Technology technologies during design, development, procurement and/or implementation to ensure internal and external requirements are met; 3) Defining Information Technology specifications needed to execute tasks to support end user functional requirements; and 4) Applying knowledge of tool sets or languages, data structures and relational database systems (e.g., SQL and PL/SQL, Weblogic, Linux, JBOSS) to develop program logic and write program code.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A 40- hour work week is typical for this position.
The work is sedentary. Some travel is involved, but the work does not require above average
agility or strength. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and
attendance at conferences, meetings, project sites, or headquarters of other agencies. Some
employees may carry light items such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle.
The work does not require any special physical effort.
The work is usually performed in offices, meeting rooms, or an authorized telework location.
The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Some travel to consultations is
required. The travel involves the normal everyday risks and discomforts of auto, bus, rail, boat,
and air transportation. The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring
normal safety precautions.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at:
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.
- A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.