A arm-to-table restaurant serving seasonal vegetables in Tampa & Miami, Florida is looking for a Kitchen Manager. They are a multi-unit restaurant group looking built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Their mission is to build a better food system by connecting farmers to community.
As Kitchen Manager, you are responsible for leading the culinary team in our scratch kitchen. You serve as the culinary nuts-and-bolts in the restaurants while managing and staying accountable for your team. As an extremely efficient individual with a passion for executing food excellence and hospitality, you run a strong kitchen by showcasing advanced business and culinary acumen. You will carry a strong presence in the kitchen, steering the ship with an organized mind and a steady hand. You'll maintain relationships with farmers, partners and suppliers, manage day-to-day kitchen operations, including sanitation requirements and maintenance of kitchen equipment, oversee food preparation by our chefs, and hire kitchen staff to meet business needs. In these seasonal kitchens, you'll also plan menus and work any station on the line.
Staying organized and detail-oriented in a fast paced environment is key to your role as Kitchen Manager. With constantly evolving our menu and testing new initiatives to improve the business operations . You will effectively multitask and train your culinary team through the day-to-day shifts, to ensure your team is well equipped to execute anything and everything on the menu. Developing your team by role modeling while delivering excellent service to the guests is integral as we work towards a better food future.
- Positive Culture
- Profit-Sharing Plan from dishwashers to chefs
- Paid Vacation every year
- Grow to run your own restaurant in as little as a year
- Complimentary meal everyday
- Flexible scheduling (control when and how you work)
Our scratch based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real good food. We teach home cooks who are excited to share their enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs. You will advance and gain the ability to work with food, develop leadership skills, and stay sharp in our fast-paced culinary environment. If you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste matter, we encourage you to join us on our mission to build a better food system.
- Be responsible for kitchen culture and upholding best practices and standards through every shift.
- Lead and motivate your chef's in training team by modeling culinary expertise and a good attitude in order to always deliver delicious food.
- Oversee and uphold food quality and presentation no matter the business channel. Walk in, pick-up & delivery orders are handled with equal care and attention.
- Serve as a reference point for the entire kitchen team for questions on recipes, checklists, food specifics, and food quality. Consistency and order are your bread and butter.
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from our farm partners, while overseeing inventory, supply and QA processes in the restaurant.
- Manage the prep list for yourself and your team. Communicate with your Chef Operator on food inventory and ordering to ensure walk-ins are fully stocked and organized.
- Run successful shifts by organizing the deployment board and managing the prep schedule day in and day out.
- Execute line checks while measuring whats ready to serve, what needs to be prepared, and any potential waste. You think ahead to ensure service runs smoothly.
- Ensure the kitchen is set up for success with all tasks completed on time and with safety top of mind.
- Implement food preparation tactics that maximize efficiencies in your kitchen. You are open to testing new systems and processes, as well as thinking outside the box to help with operational flow and kitchen organization.
- Manage and maintain a tight and orderly kitchen operation, including storage, labeling, preparation, and all safety protocols. You are the safety standard bearer ensuring your team is keeping up with Covid guidelines and Health standards for overall restaurant health.
- Take ownership of restaurant cleanliness by setting up the AM shift for success and closing with confidence that the restaurant is prepared for the next day's operation, using communication like pre-shift meetings to do so.
- Lead in placing orders, ensuring the restaurant has what it needs to be successful.
- Manage our kitchen facilities, following up with all maintenance on culinary equipment, cleanliness, and organization of your restaurant.
- Collaborate with your Chef Operator to manage labor and food cost.
- Build your kitchen team by assisting in interviewing, hiring, providing performance improvement, and disciplinary action.
- 2+ years managing a team of chefs
- A passion for real, good food
- A desire to develop strong culinary skills
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work ethic
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- An appreciation for the people you work with
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to develop or improve culinary skills
- A dependable, reliable nature
- Strong intrapersonal skills and flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- High level of attention to detail
About The Company
They built on a mission to build a better food system for all by connecting farmers to community. We build seasonal recipes based on whats growing in our region and know farmers on a first-name basis. We wore born in the global pandemic, pivoting the entire company to get fresh food from farm to door at a time when real food was flying off the shelves at the grocery store. Since then, weve built a culture of resilience, and transparency through our open book management, profit-sharing plans, and dedication to telling the story behind the farmers who grow our local food supply. Our mission is to build a better food system for everyone by becoming 100% locally-sourced. Were entering a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform weve built for more transparency around sourcing, cooking, and investing in more regional food supply for farmers, communities and chefs. We presently operate 3 restaurants in Tampa and are about to open our 4th in Miami, Florida, where we are working on opening 6 units in the next 18 months.
Come build the future of food with us.