Provides nursing care is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, including: comprehensive assessment, monitoring of the health status, coordination of services, teaching and training activities, and management of the care plan.Primary Functions
- Conducts the admission of the patient to the Agency including Providing initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points
- Obtaining a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, for the patient and/or family member(s);
- Conducting a physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite and type of diet, etc.;
- Evaluating the patient, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required;
- Evaluating the patient's condition and home situation to determine if the services of a home health aide will be required and the frequency of this service.
- Interpreting nursing and other services of the Agency to patients and families as a part of planning for care. Developing and implementing the plan of care.
- Providing skilled nursing care as outlined in the plan of care, including: Nursing services, treatments and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill and ordered by the physician
- Initiating preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient's care and safety
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to
- treatments, including drugs, and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition
- Teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and caregivers regarding the
- nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Responsible for the care given by the home health aide by including supervision of the caregiver and the home health aide plan of care.
The supervisory responsibilities for this position may include the direct supervision of Home
Health Aides and LPNs.Qualifications
(EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizationREASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Utilizes strong time management skills to accomplish tasks and manage
workflows.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida and CPR certification.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
No special vision requirements.
Minimum Experience: 2
Required Degree: FOUR_YEAR_DEGREE
Maximum Experience: 5
Powered by JazzHR