Explore Numerous Nearby Locations for Your Convenience! Schedule an Interview First - Apply Afterwards
DISCOVER CAREERS, WELL LIVED. Our mission at Sevita is to create a world where every person has the right to live well. As a Caregiver, you'll provide assistance and strategies to the individuals we serve to help them live well in their community and environment. Each day, the connections you make and the compassion you bring make a difference in the lives of our participants. You'll work alongside a dedicated team of clinical staff and supportive supervisors, while you grow your career.
OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company's mission.Summary
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing services, training, and support to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injuries, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges.Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below:
- Conducts the medical assessment of each individual referred to the program and collaborates with an Intake staff member to determine appropriate placement in the community
- Participates in the development and implementation of service plans and supervises, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan
- Reviews documents and revises all nursing/nursing related care plans on a regular basis
- Ensures medical records and reports are current and complete in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician's orders
- Maintains contact with primary care physicians and specialists, and, when directed, attends doctor visits with mentor and/or individual receiving services.
- Promotes health and wellness for individuals and ensures nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention
- Administers medications according to established guidelines
- Provides documentation for all medications given and reviews medication administration records for compliance
- Oversees the management of high-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services
- Develops training flow charts specific to each individual receiving services, provides and documents medical skills training to clients, mentors, respite providers, staff, and where appropriate, the biological family
- Presents medical skills components at Pre-service Orientation
- Participates as an Individual Health Plan (IHP) or Plan of Care (POC) team member,
- Evaluates the medical needs of each individual for initial IHP/POC,
- Ensures IHP/POC goals and objectives are medically indicated, and
- Generates ongoing health care protocols for the specific medical conditions outlined in the IHP/POC
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment.
- May be required to coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments
- Participates in on call system as needed
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meetings
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Minimum Knowledge And Skills Required By The Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job:Education And Experience
Certificates, Licenses, And Registrations
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- One year experience working with medically complex individuals.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Current state RN License
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Americans With Disabilities Act Statement
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We've made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities