(Certain terms and conditions apply)
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.Benefits
Come Join our team of passionate and skilled professionals! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted 'Best Place to Work' for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedules available for some positions
- Accrue up to 18 paid days off in first year, 6 observed holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast is seeking an Admissions RN to assume responsibility for the admission of new patients to home health including the completion of a comprehensive, development of a plan of care that encompasses physician directed and discipline specific care interventions. In addition, participates in completion of continuing care visits as assigned. Coordinates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team as indicated to assure the initial plan of treatment will meet the initial needs of the patient.
- Completes comprehensive admission assessment including completion of the OASIS, primary and secondary diagnoses supporting the plan of care and performs all initial aspects of care coordination including medication reconciliation. The admission nurse creates a plan of treatment inclusive of medical orders, nursing interventions and goals, visit frequency and identifies other disciplines that may be needed to meet patient needs beyond the initial referral for service. The admission nurse communicates the recommended plan of care to the plan physician.
- Performs patient follow-up visits as assigned, provides care in accordance with approved physician orders, documents clinical findings and interventions, as well as essential contacts to other clinicians pertinent to the care and treatment of the patient. Communicates any relevant clinical findings to the physician.
- Knowledgeable in Medicare regulations/coverage guidelines; maintains basic knowledge of other regulatory agencies rules that govern the delivery of patient care
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing
- Regularly attends skilled nursing meetings, especially mandatory meetings, team meetings and in-services; keeps abreast of new/changed policies and procedures.
- Participates in record audits and QA activities and case conferences as deemed necessary.
- Performs in an organized manner and completes assignments as scheduled.
- Assists in orientation of new nurses or students as required
- Assumes responsibility for identifying learning needs, and reasonably performs self study to achieve added knowledge and competence beyond education provided by the organization.
- Maintains a professional image within the organization and the community.
- Proficient in all basic clinical skills as defined by the agency with ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
- Must share in providing coverage for the weekend admissions nurse(s). Required to work one summer and one winter holiday
Must be currently licensed as an RN in the state of Florida. Minimum of one year full-time experience in a Medicare home health environment. Must be proficient in OASIS.
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
External Company Name: VNA of the Treasure Coast
External Company URL: http://www.vnatc.com/
Street: VNA IRC