Full Time Or Part Time
- Orlando, FL 32801- Remote
- Write, read, and speak English fluently
We are looking for an Aquistion Agent that is responsible for the overall negotiation and acquisition of real property and the related interests in land. These interests are acquired by purchase, donation, condemnation or lease. Work is performed with limited supervision and is reviewed for compliance with project requirements, Real Estate Management Division objectives, guidelines and policies for achievement of desired results, County Policy, and State Statutes. Negotiates real estate transactions which can have an economic, social or political impact upon the community and/or environment. Resolves problems in acquiring property interests by using sound judgment, knowledge of real estate practice, acquisition procedures, local, state and federal codes; eminent domain laws.Performs skillful, fair, courteous and effective negotiations. Overcomes adverse opinion and widespread objections to accomplish successful negotiations. Secures documents necessary to provide clear title and conducts investigative discussions with purported owners or representatives. Negotiates numerous parcels on multiple projects. Interprets, contracts, leases, construction plans, right of way maps, architectural and engineering drawings, appraisal reports, and title searches.Justifies settlements through written reports and oral presentations to management and user divisions.Maintains and monitors project files, information, project reports, contact records, instruments and contract provisions. Tracks all assigned projects through the Real Estate Management Division's computer program tracking system. No smoking permitted anywhere on property. Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of, right-of-way acquisition, real estate negotiation experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience
- Experience with roadway; but will consider oil & gas pipeline experience
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting principles
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet and windows applications
- Must possess strong and effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to utilize project management software
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Florida Driver's License within six months of hire
- Experience in the negotiation and acquisition of real estate under threat of eminent domain.
- Eminent Domain experience highly preferred but not a deal breaker if candidates don't have it
- Candidates selected for this position may be required to travel up to 150 miles per week
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field
- Must possess ability to obtain a notary license within six months of hire
- The job will be mostly remote, with only having to go into the office on Wednesdays
Drug and background checks are performed. Valid identification and reliable transportation required. We are an E-Verify employer. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Our employees are authorized to work in the United States. Candidates shall supply their own transportation. Local candidates preferred but will consider qualified candidates who are not local. Client prefers in person interviews but will consider virtual interviews for candidates who are not local.