Ferreira Construction is a 400 million+ a year privately held first-rate heavy civil construction company. Since 1988, Ferreira has enjoyed steady growth throughout its history. We specialize in: Underground Utilities (Gas, Water, Sewer, Fiber Optic, Electrical), Foundations, Bridges, Highways, Airports, Sitework; Power/Utility: Substations, Power Plants, Transmission & Distribution, Sitework; Emergency Management: Reconstruction, 24-Hour Storm Response, Storm Hardening, Shoreline Restoration/Stabilization, Debris Removal; Solar Installation and Construction Management.
We are a nationally recognized leader in the construction industry due to our proven track record of successful project execution, effective planning and emphasis on safety. Ferreira is currently ranked #180 on the Engineering News-Record (ENR) top 400 contractors.
The Estimator is responsible for accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid and should have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering and industry principles.
- Will be responsible for bidding major utility companies in Florida.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Send request for quotes to vendors and subcontractors.
- Review and understand bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Subcontractors and Engineers.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned Requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Underground and Utility experience.
- Public works sector experience a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software, HeavyBid estimating experience a plus.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office.
- Knowledge of on-screen take-off software i.e. blue beam or plan swift.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands.
- Excellent written an oral communicator.
Excellent benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, AFLAC, Health Savings Account, 8 Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and 401k with company match.
Ferreira is a Drug Free Workplace
We participate in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR