Construction Project Manager - Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant
Are you an entrepreneur at heart, and love running a project like it’s your own business?
Do you want full transparency on the financial success of your projects?How about a share of the profits?
If you are saying YES, and you have experience working at a self-performing civil construction company, our Construction Project Manager position at Petticoat-Schmitt might be the right fit for you.
As a Construction Project Manager at Petticoat-Schmitt, you’ll be overseeing construction projects for water resources and wastewater treatment plants, from planning to execution.An Exciting New CAREER
When you join our team, you’ll get to run your own project like it’s your own business, and Petticoat-Schmitt is the bank.
We are an open-book company, which means you’ll have full transparency into the financial data, and you’ll always know the financial status of your projects, have access to all the costs, and can control every dime.
And when your project is a financial success, you’ll get 10% of the profits that you beat! You’ll know exactly how much you make on your project, plus you’ll know what other Project Managers are making on theirs. A little bit of friendly competition benefits the whole company because then we all win!
At Petticoat-Schmitt, we work together to build life-changing infrastructure. Our focus on professionalism, communication, safety, and timeliness has made Petticoat-Schmitt the Southeast's most respected civil contractor. If you’d be proud to be a part of a team that takes care of each other and works hard to deliver, then our company is a great fit for you.
Our work includes construction services for public works, water resources, wastewater treatment plants (WWTP), and site development. If you have expertise in project management, experience working in the civil construction industry (and specifically water resources and wastewater treatment plants) at a self-performing company, and want to take your career to the next level, this role will be a great fit.Your Responsibilities As a Construction WWTP Project Manager
As a Construction WWTP Project Manager, you’ll need a solid background in civil construction and be proficient at managing projects for structural concrete, such as for forming vertical concrete tanks, setting process equipment, etc. You understand the nuances of the variables at play that affect the flow and timing of the project.
- The Job from Start to Finish: You put the plan in place, and manage the information flow, materials, equipment, permissions, people, and other resources needed to build the job.
- Manage and Lead Your Team: You make sure everyone is clear on expectations and works efficiently together.
- Financial Forecasting: You are responsible for the profit or loss on a project and forecast ahead to manage the budget.
- Identify Risks and Opportunities: You are the fortune teller, looking ahead to be prepared for things that could go wrong and solving these in advance. You also discover opportunities for additional work or ways to save costs.
- Finish On Time and Within Budget: You are responsible for managing the product so that it is built on time and stays within budget.
How to Know You’ll Be a Great FitRole
This role isn’t for just anyone. Here’s what will make you a great Project Manager for WWTP Construction at Petticoat-Schmitt:
- You have a high sense of urgency and solve problems FAST.
- But you never miss a detail. You take the time to make sure things like submittals are done right the first time.
- You stick to a great process and will follow our checklists to ensure project success.
- You’re a great coach. You know how to train, mentor, and lead a team to get the best work done.
- You’re not afraid to speak up. You’ll bring up uncomfortable discussions to stand up for the project and protect the company from future risk.
- You take pride in your past projects.
Here’s How You Will Measure Your Success
We take our people and our culture seriously. You’ll love it here if you:
- Progress of project against schedule – You hold against float and keep an eye on whether the project is plus or minus against the schedule.
- Profit of project against estimate – You look ahead to make sure you are gaining, not losing.
- Purchase approval delivery schedule – You watch the percentage bought out on the project to make sure it stays on track.
- Submittals completed percentage – You aim to get submittals right the first time and confirm.
- Over- and Under-Billings – You make sure the forecast costs are in line with the work in place, watch future trends, and make sure bills are turned in and money is collected.
- Customer Satisfaction Score – You’ll make sure that our customer loves us and our work.
- Value accountability to put safety first, prefer clearly communicated expectations, enjoy executing a plan, and take ownership of solving problems.
- Operate with integrity, honor commitments, are always trustworthy, and practice humility - no jerks allowed!
- Work as a team, share the same vision to meet goals, want to grow as an individual, are willing to help others succeed, and are determined to do your best for the team.
We take our people and culture seriously and require that every member of our team exhibits our core values. It’s not just what’s on the wall… It’s what walks down the hall. This is how we A.C.T.
Our project managers take control and ownership of the planning, preparation, and execution of assigned projects. They are relentless and communicate expectations clearly, concisely, and consistently so that everyone is on the same page. They ensure the entire team knows the plan to win, and that results and safety are always prioritized.
Our project managers keep the pressure on but are expected to operate with respect and integrity at all times. They honor their commitments and follow through. They are humble and make sure all of our customers know they are valued – internal and external. No jerks allowed.
Our project managers share their vision, wisdom, and technical expertise. They engage, develop, and elevate their team members by setting and meeting goals as a team. Acting as servant leaders, they provide the tools for everyone to be their best and create an environment in which we can utilize the genius of the entire team. That’s what it takes to win.Skills and Experience Needed for the Construction WWTP Project Manager at Petticoat-Schmitt:
Details About The Opportunity
- At least 4 years of experience as a Construction Project Manager with structural concrete
- Work history with a self-performing construction company, responsible for all aspects of the build (not subcontracted out), from labor to equipment and materials
- Prior financial profit/loss responsibilities for projects
- Experience using Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Experience with Bluebeam, HCSS, Procore/Prolog or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as Excel and Word, and Microsoft Teams
Petticoat-Schmitt offers an exciting and challenging work environment, competitive salaries, and benefits. If you join our team, you can look forward to:
- $95,000 to $130,000 base salary
- “Win the Job” Project Performance Incentive – Beat the budget and get 10% of every dollar you save.
- “Win the Year” Company Performance Incentive – After meeting minimum performance standards, 30% of the company’s profits are shared among the employees.
- Safety Bonus – Every employee gets a safety bonus each month when the company goes without a recordable incident.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Bonuses and performance incentives
- Health insurance - 90% of premiums paid for employees
- Dental, Vision, short/long term life insurance
- $15,000 employer-paid life insurance
- 401(K) with 100% match on 4% of wage contributions
When you contribute as part of the team to achieve success at Petticoat-Schmitt, you’ll be recognized and rewarded!
- Office = Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Phillips Hwy between University and JTB)
- Expect to spend ~80% of your workweek here.
- Job sites = throughout NE Florida (mainly within ~30 miles of Jacksonville)
- Visiting job site 1-2 times per week is recommended.
If you are excited about building cool things, running your project like its own business, having a share in its success, and you are ready to join and be part of our amazing team, APPLY TODAY!NOTICE:
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.About Petticoat-Schmitt
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL and in business since 2007, Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc., is a privately owned civil contracting firm. Petticoat-Schmitt performs work throughout the southeast in public and private markets and specializes in commercial and residential site development, underground utilities, clearing, grading, and roadway construction, as well as water and wastewater treatment plant construction.Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status