Requisition No: 806705
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: REGISTERED NURSE - 50001656
Position Number: 50001656
Salary: $64,480.00/ Annually
Posting Closing Date: 10/31/2023REGISTERED NURSE
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
Emory L. Bennett State Veterans' Nursing Home
Daytona Beach, Volusia County
Annual Salary: $64,480.00
Shifts: Multiple Shifts Available
(Qualifying Shifts will be given a $1.00 per hour shift differential)
New employees as well as returning employees that have been separated from the Department for a period of 12 months or more are eligible for the sign-on bonus of $3,500.
(This amount will be paid out over a two year period at 6-month intervals. Any employee leaving employment with the agency or moving to OPS prior to that timeframe will forfeit any additional bonus reimbursement.)Employee Benefits
The FDVA Nursing State Veterans’ Nursing Homes and Domiciliary are designated employment sites for the Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Competitive Wage Scale
- Health Insurance- Family Plan $180 per MONTH
- Health Insurance- Individual Plan $ 50 per MONTH
- Choice of Insurance plans- HMO or PPO
- Life, Dental, Vision and much more offered
- State Pension/ Retirement and 401K
- 104 hours of vacation
- 104 hours of sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Tuition Waiver Program for full time employees- up to 6 credit hours each semester
- From funds available, the program may make nursing education loan repayments of up to $4,000.00 per year, per nurse enrolled in the program, for a maximum of four years.
- Payment is made at the end of each 12 month enrollment period and made directly to the participant’s lender.
- Enrollment and payment of awards is based on available funds.
- Other Registered Nurse positions/shifts, including OPS Temporary positions, may be filled from this advertisement within six (6) months of the closing date***
- Valid State of Florida Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience medication administration in a skilled nursing facility.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook and Word.
- Current CPR certification.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Successful completion of the due diligence process, to include but not limited to, a Level II Background check and drug screen.
- Long-term care experience.
- The incumbent is responsible for giving ordered treatments, administer prescribed medications, give direct ADL care and complete requirements for diagnostic procedures as requested by the attending physician on an assigned shift per established policies and procedures.
- Receive verbal orders, including telephone orders from attending physicians. Transcribes physician’s orders to all appropriate documents on an assigned shift per established policies and procedures.
- Make rounds with physicians and other health care personnel per established policies and procedures.
- Monitor physician’s orders for completion.
- Review and follow-up on resident incidents or complaints.
- Count narcotics at beginning and end of shift. Assure that narcotic records are accurate for assigned shift.
- Will provide supervision (lead worker duties) for the facility on an assigned shift as require and as defined in 60K-2.0061 (3) (d) F.A.C.
- Will supervise subordinates on assigned unit.
- Review work assignments with staff on unit and assign team members in accordance with the patient’s needs, available staffing, and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assure assigned CNAs are in dining room on time.
- Try to problem solve with employees as required before involving supervisor.
- Recognize and respond to changes in resident’s conditions as it occurs.
- Will record observations accurately and concisely.
- Notify supervisor, physician and family of changes.
- Document all notifications as they are made.
- Assist physicians with special tests and procedures as required and within the scope of the Florida Nursing Practice Act.
- Receive and give report at beginning and end of shift by making walking rounds with the off-going and on-coming nurse.
- On assigned residents and within the assigned time frame will:
- Complete, sign and date the MDS, RAP modules and additional assessments.
- Will review and update care plans; notify chairperson if changes need to be made per established policies and procedures; and attend Interdisciplinary Care Plans when requested.
- Will maintain professional standards of nursing care at all times. Follows all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the facility and nursing department.
- Attend mandatory and non-mandatory in services, meetings, Care Plans and MDS as required.
- Will ensure economical utilization of supplies and proper charging of items to residents’ accounts.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Will maintain valid CPR certification and perform as needed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
This position is in the Career Service system.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS’ PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here . All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.