To create and maintain a classroom atmosphere that generates high expectations and enthusiasm for learning by infusing critical thinking skills, application skills, interpersonal skills, and technology into an aligned curriculum and assessment process, resulting in measurable student achievement gains for all students in order to meet District and State standards.Essential Performance Responsibilities
The Teacher shall carry out the performance responsibilities listed below.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Assessment - use assessment strategies (traditional and alternative) which are aligned with the curriculum and standards to assist in the continuous development of the learner.
- Communication - use effective communication techniques with students, parents, and all other stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement - engage in planned continuous professional quality improvement for self and school.
- Critical Thinking - use appropriate techniques and strategies which promote and enhance critical, creative, and evaluate thinking capabilities of students.
- Diversity - use appropriate instructional strategies and materials that reflect each student's culture, learning styles, special needs, and socio-economic background.
- Ethics and Regulations - fulfill the terms of any affected written contract and adhere to Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida and assist in the enforcement of all federal, state and district board regulations.
- Human Development and Learning - use an understanding of learning and human development to provide a positive learning environment which supports the intellectual, personal, and social development of all students.
- Knowledge Subject Matter - demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the subject matter.
- Learning Environments - establish a classroom management system that maintains appropriate discipline and creates a positive learning environment in which students are actively engaged in learning, social interaction, cooperative learning, and self-motivation.
- Planning - plan, align, implement, and evaluate effective instruction and assessment in a variety of learning environments.
- Role of the Teacher - work with peers, parents, community, and other stakeholders in the continuous improvement of the educational experiences of students.
- Technology - integrate appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
- ESOL Requirement - complete the training and obtain the endorsement outlined in State Board of Education rules and/or guidelines if assigned limited English proficient(LEP) students.
- Record keeping - keep school records and prepare and submit such reports as may be required by law, by regulations of the State Board or School District.
- Property - account for all other school property (keys, records, reports, personal computers, etc.) to the principal of the school or to the Superintendent as may be prescribed by regulations of the State board and of The School Board of Broward County.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with the equal employment and non-discrimination policies of The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
- Participate in training programs offered to enhance the individual skills and proficiency related to job responsibilities
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and procedures.
- Follow federal and state, as well as School Board policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or designee.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Appropriate State of Florida certification.
- Computer skills as required for the position
SIGNIFICANT CONTACTS-frequency, contact, purpose
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District's approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the School BoardLink To Job Description
SKILLSCOMPETENCIESCERTIFICATIONSLOCATION PREFERENCES/ADDITIONAL INFOR
All candidates offered a position at the School Board of Broward County are subject to a national pre-employment background check. Employment is contingent upon the completion and review of a successful background check.
All Applications are Subject to Florida Public Records Law.
Current Employees Sign In to Apply! Internal Employee Career Site