Marketing and Communications Manager
Palm Beach Symphony
Summary: Palm Beach Symphony is hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) that is highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable. Must be a strategic leader, brand advocate, storyteller and integrated marketer with the ability to unify key constituencies at the highest level with powerful communication strategies that consistently promote our mission, vision, image, messaging, development and fundraising with creative, innovative and strategic thinking.
Position: A key team member, reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Patron Advancement Coordinator, the MCM is responsible for internal and external communications, implementing and overseeing all initiatives including marketing, communications, advertising, social media, PR, ticket sales, box office and community outreach.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a marketing budget and ad spend strategy.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns through both traditional and digital media for all initiatives including attracting new audiences.
- Develop and oversee implementation of the communications plan for all marketing and development materials including board and CEO talking points, program, donor and VIP correspondence, season and additional brochures, advertising, email, direct mail, concert program books, website, newsletters, social media, e-news content, company reports, blogs, articles, impact reports, event signage and fliers, sponsorship decks, musician bios, non-concert programs, post-event surveys.
- Maintain a performance dashboard of marketing tactics and implement continual optimization of tactics based on performance.
- Develop and execute follow-up surveys to collect post-event feedback from patrons.
- Develop the strategy for and create, manage and post to all social media properties.
- Develop and create video documentaries and promotional videos.
- Manage concert photography & society photography
- Manage photo and video usage (live events, social media, YouTube Channel, marketing table, and print collateral
- Assist in creating effective member and subscriber communications.
- Ensure adherence to company style guidelines through all communication materials across all departments.
- Update company systems with audience information collected at events and elsewhere.
- Maintain and further develop the website and the email list.
- Oversee the PR firm which is responsible for developing support strategies; messaging; writing and distributing press materials; and media relations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with printers and coordinate quotes for printing jobs.
- Attend conferences and events as needed.
- Cultivate relationships with community partners, media and ad reps.
- Monitor and report on marketing and social media analytics.
- Assist with inventory and organization of digital assets, including organization of folders on Facebook, Instagram, DropBox, Press Corner.
- Maintain marketing materials and press coverage archives.
- Create, manage and implement a comprehensive advertising campaign across multiple channels.
- Solicit program book advertising.
- Implement all aspects of season ticket sales and renewal campaigns (email, direct mail, social media, telemarketing, acquisition of prospect lists, advertising placements and production of all materials).
- Develop and launch group sales and corporate ticket sales programs.
- Implement a single ticket sales campaign including design and placement of advertising across media and special promotions.
- Grow the community partnership program through the promotion of group sales, ticket offers and partnerships.
- Manage the box office at all concerts and front of house and box office coordination and managing the ticketing system at all concerts including overseeing all ticket inquiries, subscriptions, and exchanges, processing phone, mail, web and walk-up ticket orders, coordinating ticket mailings and will-call distributions; managing seating; creating new seating manifest for each new ticketing partner; managing patron inquiries; preparing, maintaining and closing out all ticket sales reporting activities
- Work with Kravis Center for the Performing Arts and all box offices to ensure friendly, courteous service and customer satisfaction in ticket transactions, ensure the accuracy of all ticket revenue reports, and maintain a system of timely deposits, sales reports, ticket audits and concert settlements.
- Attend all concerts and special events as a liaison to media and the public. Oversee the distribution of tickets to
press and VIPs. Participate in artist and patron hospitality as requested.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and arts leaders to enhance the Symphony’s image and enhance public understanding of and support for the Symphony’s unique role in the community.
- Attend civic and cultural events and represent PBS through speaking engagements.
- Enlist and coordinate volunteers to participate in marketing and public relations events and campaigns.
- Work with Ladies Guild volunteers to provide all marketing and promotional materials for all fundraising events including direct mail, print and electronic media.
Budget & Reporting
- Monitor marketing budget to meet all revenue goals.
- Report on progress of all ticket sales campaigns and provide other reports as requested.
- Assist in preparing presentations and reports, including sales data, social media analytics, etc.
- Work with Development Committee to:
- Create and execute audience development initiative.
- Maintain patron database.
- Coordinate the purchase of mailing lists as needed.
- Develop and execute cultivation plans and solicitation and fundraising strategies including materials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, fundraising/development, public relations, business and/or music preferably with five years of marketing, development, sales or related experience and a strong customer service background. Experience working in a preforming arts organization is a plus.
- A strong interest in and willingness to learn about classical music.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to write and speak persuasively about the mission and vision of the Palm Beach Symphony.
- The ability to work effectively with board members, staff, musicians, community leaders and volunteers.
- Experience using a CRM to segment and understand audiences.
- Commitment to attend many evening and weekend activities and travel occasionally.
- Comfortable utilizing research and analytics tools on the internet.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Word, Excel and Access; Adobe Suite; and website development. A knowledge of Patron Manager donor management software and ticketing software is a plus.
- Skilled in using Canva, InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.
Compensation: Salary range $75k - $85k and commensurate with experience and status.
Benefits Offered: Health insurance, paid vacation, and holidays.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Contact name: David McClymont - CEO
Contact email: email@example.com
Orchestra website: www.palmbeachsymphony.org
Application Procedure: E-mail cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to David McClymont, Palm Beach Symphony, firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls.