ACCOUNTING BOOKKEEPING JOB DESCRIPTION
We are a small but mighty development and Construction management firm located in the Orlando, Florida area. The firm is in search of an Account Bookkeeper to execute the daily responsibilities of accounting. Our simple recipe for success is to: Hire the best people and provide them with the tools and support to succeed.
We are currently seeking an organized, highly skilled Accounting Bookkeeper to join our growing team in Central Florida. This will be a full-time position. The position will work closely with our CEO, Executive Project Director, and Director of Finance and Operations. The role will be responsible for handling the day-to-day accounting & and bookkeeping and bi-weekly payroll. We are an energetic company looking for a passionate individual to join our fast-paced organization.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
· Process invoices and accounts payable, identify the appropriate account to charge and accurately record in the Accounting Software
· Establish accounts and relationships with vendors as needed.
· Renew licenses, surety bonds, and other accounts as needed.
General Ledger/Financial Statements
· Ensure the accuracy of monthly financial statements. This includes accurate recording of deposits, payments, and other necessary journal entries.
· Reconcile monthly bank statements across multiple accounts and entities.
· Reconcile credit card statements across multiple accounts and entities.
· Balance and maintain accurate ledgers within the accounting software.
· Prepare asset, liability & and capital account entries by compiling account information.
· Report cash deposit discrepancies to the Director of Finance.
· Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
· Review and verify submitted hours for accuracy to process bi-weekly payroll.
· Process payroll and federal payroll taxes accurately and timely.
· Review benefit deductions are being accurately calculated and deducted.
· Prepare and submit all tax reports and payroll reports as required by law.
· Prepare documents and process transactions required for benefits administration.
· Manage employee expense reimbursements, review receipts for accuracy, and process with payroll.
· Monitor A/R accounts, ensuring timely payment and coordinating with appropriate departments and clients.
· Prepare and record deposits as they are received.
· Assistance with annual audits.
· Work with a high proficiency in Accounting Software.
Specific Job Requirements
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
· Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tasks.
· Strong financial acumen with an ability to understand and report on budgets and control costs.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work with high confidentiality.
· Exceptional time management skills
Education and Experience Requirements
· At least 5-10 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance in construction preferred.
· At least 3-5 years of experience and high-level competency with Accounting Software.
· At least 3 years of experience managing payroll.
· Experience with financial reporting requirements.
· Full understanding of intermediate accounting principles
· Experience with working with multiple legal entities under multiple legal umbrellas.
· Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required, specifically Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks, Sage, Power Tools
Related keywords: accounting, accountant, bookkeeper, accounts payables, construction, Quickbooks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Benefits: • Dental insurance • Vision Insurance • Health insurance• Paid time off
Schedule: · Monday to Friday
Experience: • Accounting: Minimum 3 years (Required)
COVID-19 Precaution(s): • Sanitizing, disinfecting