Fahrenheit Advisors has been retained by our private equity client in the search for an HR Manager for one of their operating companies in Orlando, FL. This is a chance to bring your HR generalist skills to a growing company where you will help create processes and assist in automation efforts while building culture and strong HR practices.
Manages the Human Resources function, partnering with Human Resources Business Partner and company leadership to ensure holistic alignment of people strategy with business strategy and safeguards the assets of the organization by balancing compliance, business needs, and employee relations. Leads day-to-day human resources functions, including developing and managing departmental procedures, ensuring compliance with company policies and federal, state, and local laws, and performing the following duties personally or through appropriate delegation. Leads and develops Human Resources support staff.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coaches organizational leaders on effective employee relations and performance management, including partnering with managers on disciplinary actions and terminations, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducts investigations, escalate issues to the HRBP as appropriate, and advises leadership on findings and recommendations for resolution.
- Develops, communicates, interprets, and administers organizational policies. Ensures consistent policy administration across the organization.
- Carries out established human resources practices, policies, and processes, including, but not limited to, Pre-Employment Screening, Onboarding (including I-9 and E-Verify), Corrective Action, Reasonable Suspicion Testing, Reasonable Accommodation, and other applicable practices, policies, and processes.
- Works with company leadership to identify headcount and staffing needs, posts positions, sources candidates, interviews candidates, advises management on interview and selection best practices, coordinates offers, and manages pre-employment processes. Ensures effective company onboarding.
- Serves as the organization’s point of contact for employee benefits, ensuring timely and deadline-driven employee communication, education, and provision of benefit plan offering materials. Ensures execution of new hire enrollment and open enrollment processes and meets related deadlines.
- Owns Human Resources metrics to proactively identify and strategically address unfavorable trends.
- Creates and maintains accurate and ADA-compliant job descriptions for all positions to ensure accurate compensation benchmarking, ADA accommodation, work-related injury light duty accommodation, and leave administration. Ensures employees sign off on job descriptions upon hire, when duties or positions change, or upon revision.
- Partners with leadership to ensure that merit increase processes, market adjustments, and other compensation programs are administered and documented using fair and consistent methodology. Recommends compensation and total rewards strategy based on analysis and benchmarking.
- Leads company engagement and retention efforts and conducts stay and exit interviews, using feedback to advise leadership. Guides and manages employee-facing communication to ensure alignment with company engagement and retention efforts.
- Manages the performance management process, including communication, cadence, and tools.
- Assists with scheduling, delivering, and tracking training as needed for compliance, including safety, regulatory, operational, compliance, human resources, and other training needs.
- Ensures employee files and records are organized and maintained in a secure and compliant manner, including I-9 storage and retention, and HIPAA-protected content.
- Ensures compliance with authorization to work laws related to updating current I-9 documentation.
- Represents the organization at employee-related hearings and investigations, or escalates to HRBP level as appropriate.
- Initiates and leads projects in order to implement human resources best practices after gaining buy-in from appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate employee work hours, including early mornings or evenings on-premises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources management, generalist, or business partner experience required. Broad Generalist knowledge and experience in all human resource disciplines with an emphasis on employee relations and employment related law required.
- Experience managing other employees required.
- Experience in a construction environment performing duties as detailed preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience managing payroll and owning related processes strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and compliant application of Fair Labor Standards Act and Department of Labor Wage and Hour laws required.
- Proficiency in use of HRIS systems.
- Bi-lingual Spanish Speaker a plus.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field from four-year college or university strongly preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification strongly preferred.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies communication style to meet needs.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accountable for behaviors and their impact on others; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Planning & Prioritization – Plans and organizes work activities, assessing the importance of activities and adjusting priorities when appropriate, while taking advantage of available resources to complete work efficiently. Maintains high standards for quality work and responsiveness.
- Confidentiality – Uses extreme discretion in knowing when or where and to whom it is appropriate to provide privileged information, and judgment regarding how much it is appropriate to provide. Safeguards sensitive and confidential employee and company data.