Ledgent is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for one of our clients in Tampa Bay. This is an exciting opportunity with great benefits and career growth.
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
This is an IN-OFFICE position
* Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
* Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
* Maintains the general ledger.
* Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
* Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
* Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
* Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
* Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
* Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
* Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
* Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
* Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
* Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
* Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
* At least three years of related experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, or military or veteran status. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.