Location Stuart, Florida
Reporting Relationship Sokha Au-Ferris – Vice President, Finance
Awbury is a specialist insurance group with market leading insurance underwriting and structuring capability, operating out of offices in the US, Bermuda, London and Singapore. Since inception in 2010, Awbury has become a global leader in its product area, both in executed transactions and the depth of its relationships and expertise. Awbury offers insurance protection for bespoke economic and financial risks via Awbury Insurance Ltd., a multi-line Bermuda-domiciled insurance company and Awbury Insurance Company, a Delaware-domiciled specialty multi-line insurer. Backed by a panel of 20+ global (re)insurers, Awbury delivers large-scale, custom-tailored solutions for a range of client needs, including capital relief, balance sheet solutions, legacy position reduction/inventory management and “tall tree” exposure mitigation.
A focus on complex opportunities has enabled Awbury to become a market leader in designing bespoke coverage for risks that do not naturally fit within existing insurance or bank offerings.
Clients include top global banks, leading asset manager, insurance and reinsurance companies, corporates across the credit spectrum and governmental entities.
The Awbury team has extensive experience in the fields of underwriting, deal structuring, complex credit risk assessment, capital and global risk program management, which allows for constant innovation, flexibility, and most importantly, timely delivery of executable transactions.
Joseph Curran, CFA – Chief Operating Officer
Sokha Au-Ferris, CA – Vice President, Finance
The Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the accounting team with all aspects in the lifecycle of bespoke financial transactions from booking, reconciliation and reporting as well as facilitating the information flow with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have advanced communication skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly assist the broader team in multiple areas as required. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful firm in a role that will provide exposure to various aspects of a sophisticated financial business such as the back office, middle office, treasury, trade support and most importantly insurance GAAP and Statutory financial reporting.
• Prepare and book journal entries across multiple internal accounts
• Process premium and cash activity across various business programs
• Reconcile cash and positions with external parties and across systems
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of sub-ledgers to general ledger
• Monitor collateral accounts and exposures
• Work cross-functionally with risk, management as well as operations and accounting team
• Assist with data gathering and analysis for marketing, origination and reporting
• Deep understanding of US GAAP accounting standards, particularly ASC 904 and 815
• Ad hoc projects and analysis as required
• Cross-train with existing team members on various reporting procedures
• Prepare manual adjustments for month and quarter closing processes
• Assist with financial audits when applicable
• Experience with an accounting or ERP platform
• Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
• Knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required; working knowledge/willingness to learn Bloomberg, Intex and similar financial applications
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Strong accuracy aptitude and detail orientation
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a deadline-oriented environment
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other business-related field, CPA preferred
A competitive package including annual salary and incentive bonus