Giraffe Media Group has an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to join our team as a full-time accountant. As an integral part of our team, your role is essential to execute on company goals, supporting the Controller in month-end closing, budgeting, and profit reporting responsibilities.About Us
We provide global performance marketing solutions to top-tier brands. Giraffe Media Group, LLC is an essential division in a family of technology and advertising companies that have been in business for over 15 years. During that time, we have become industry leaders in a space we helped create. Our team significantly increased in 2022 and continues on track for fast and sustainable growth.
With our top-notch employees residing mainly in the US (but also in other countries), we prioritize team building through a collaborative work environment. Our culture is focused on smarts, continued learning, and working together to meet individual and company goals. We hire those who strive to be the best and provide them with exceptional benefits to improve their lives, including a competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401K with matching contributions, paid time off, employee referral bonuses, and perks like a fully stocked break room with complimentary snacks and coffee, as well as frequent company and team outings.
Come join the team that drives, supports, and empowers its members to accomplish higher career goals and live a better life.
The accountant will have several key responsibilities in the fulfillment of their duties including:
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, cash flow, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Sets up new accounts and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks, credit card companies, and credit card processors.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Provides the Controller assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform internal audit.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Prepares actual vs. budget comparison reports and tracks profitability margins.
Experience and Qualifications:
The successful accountant must have knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks Online.
- Confidentiality and demonstrate integrity.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
Education and Training:
The accountant must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and 1-3 year’s work-related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.