- Welcome and acknowledge every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. (Place and restock useable items in the hotel rooms including paper items, soap, towels, etc. according to Brand Standards.)
- Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items.
- Make beds and fold terry.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Reports maintenance requests and replacement orders.
- Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Maintains security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times; reporting any suspicious activity by guests or others; properly labeling lost and found articles and turning them in to the hotel; observing all other security and safety regulations.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Equal Opportunity Employment
It is the policy of the hotel to be fair in all of its relations with its associates and applicants for employment, and to make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status, sickle cell trait/testing, or DNA analysis, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, and reinstatements, leaves of absence, disciplinary measures, and termination. Decisions regarding employment and promotion will be based solely upon valid job-related factors.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.