Orlando Weekly is looking for a Marketing + Social Media Manager to manage and implement strategic integrated marketing campaigns for the media, events, and clients.
Orlando Weekly is a Chava Communications company. Chava Communications (pronounced Ha•vuh) is a modern media, marketing, and events company that connects local businesses with culturally engaged audiences through world-class events, strategic marketing services, and independent journalism.
At Chava, our team is made of people who embody our core values: integrity; transparency; curiosity; humor; agility; innovation; and chutzpah!
Orlando Weekly is seeking an energetic, creative, and organized Marketing + Social Media Manager who will oversee and execute all marketing for Orlando Weekly and Orlando Weekly’s events and promotions. This includes our Instagram (and Tik Tok) strategy, recruiting and managing content creators and interns, overseeing all marketing and media communications, and creating content for Orlando Weekly clients (and our in-house agency, Local Culture Creative). This person will also work with the event manager on events and promotions, helping to secure local businesses and sponsors to participate.
This person will also create and nurture relationships with local media, organizations, and events in order to enhance the public outreach and awareness of Orlando Weekly within the community. Working closely with the existing marketing, social, graphics, and events teams, the marketing manager will create and execute integrated marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales, event sponsorships, brand awareness, and growth of Orlando Weekly. Concurrently, the Marketing + Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating cohesive, impactful social media content and strategies for Orlando Weekly clients, Orlando Weekly Instagram (and Tik Tok), and accounts associated with OW events and promotions (for example: @orlandobeerfest, @orlandoburgerweek, etc.)
Working closely with the Orlando Weekly team, the Chava Social Media Director, and independent content creators as needed, the Marketing + Social Media Manager will be responsible for ensuring the execution of relevant messaging and engaging social media content.
- Plan and execute social media strategy primarily for Instagram & Tik Tok, both for Orlando Weekly events and promotions, as well as for OW clients (including our in-house agency)
- Working in partnership with the Events + Promotions Manager, the Marketing + Social Media Manager will oversee in-house marketing campaigns (traditional, in-house, and social media)
- Oversee production of event collateral, advertising, marketing, etc. in conjunction with the publisher, marketing, and design team
- Drive sponsorship and vendor sales, oversee event sponsorship deliverables, and assist the sales team in the development of sponsorship proposals
- Work closely with Publisher and Events Manager to develop, implement, and manage ticket and marketing strategies to maximize attendance and revenue
- Hire & oversee marketing and social media interns and promotions team
- Attend other events and maintain database and working knowledge of them for purposes of idea collection, prospecting, scheduling, planning, and competitive analysis
- Develop, maintain, and grow strategic partnerships and sponsorships with local, regional, and national businesses, governments, press, charities, and civic organizations
- Admin Work as Assigned- Updating websites, listings, etc
- Content creation as needed for clients under the Local Culture (full-service marketing agency, sister company under Chava Communications)
- Four or more years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously, with a track record of successfully bringing them from conception to completion
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge/experience of sponsorship sales a plus
- Experience in Google Suite is preferred
- Excellent communicator able to work with a range of personalities at all levels of an organization
- Works well independently and can complete tasks with minimal supervision
Perks & Culture:
We ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, two weeks of paid time off, two weeks in paid holiday time off, health and dental benefits, and a 401k retirement plan, the job also comes with perks!
• Events & Entertainment: Our employees are privy to tickets to dozens of movie premiers, events, and festivals around the city. You’ll have the opportunity to attend some of the most unique and engaging events, on us.
• Culture, Flexibility & Atmosphere: We work hard and play hard. Our team is made up of passionate and creative people who believe in what we do. Orlando offers a casual, fast-paced remote work environment where you can grow your career and make a difference in the community in an inclusive and non-corporate space.
- Submit resume and cover letter (No resume will be considered without a cover letter)
- Submit a reel in the style of OW
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401k program
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid maternity leave
Compensation: $55,000/year + bonus and commission opportunities