Develops and manages relationships with businesses having annual sales revenue from $2.5MM toJob Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned portfolio and retains and strengthens current relationships. Focus is on commercial lending opportunities, but also pursues, develops, and services a wide variety of financial products. Meets and exceeds sales goals in deposits, loans, fee income and referrals.
- Develops new and existing customer relationships through networking, cross-selling opportunities and referrals to and from business product partners within the bank. Establishes and maintains comprehensive referral network to generate new client relationships, targeting more complex businesses.
- Partners with branch manager and serves as the primary point of contact for the business customer. Serves as commercial banking expert for a branch or a group of branches.
- May generate SBA loans by proactively creating, developing and maintaining internal/external relationships.
- Proactively manages customer relationships by identifying financial needs, delivering solutions to meet the needs, and delivering quality customer service.
- Reviews applicant financial data to evaluate credit worthiness and manages difficult credit situations.
- Negotiates terms and makes decisions on loans within limits or makes recommendations. Monitors outstanding loans to ensure ongoing credit worthiness.
- Represents Synovus within the community by actively serving in community organizations, participating in local chambers of commerce and other related leadership activities.
- Adheres to established loan policies and procedures. Works with commercial credit approval process to ensure that underwriting and credit quality standards are implemented and maintained.
- Uses professional knowledge, experience and analytical criteria to make decisions and resolve problems; acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May orient, train, assign, and review the work of lower-level team members.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experienceMinimum Experience:
Eight (8) years job specific work experienceRequired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent sales and advisory skills
- Excellent credit skills
- Strong knowledge of lending guidelines and loan requirements
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex loan portfolio
- Experience independently managing moderately complex customer relationships and managing some difficult credit situations
- Strong business development calling skills
- Experience independently sourcing new businesses
- Ability to negotiate and influence actions in a professional and effective manner
- Experience managing a diverse work team