▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
This position will be remote based in Florida and/or Alabama with responibility for key markets in these areas. Local travel will be required for this role to these locations.
▶ About This Opportunity
The successful candidate will work to find and help acquire high quality gas and convenience store locations which expand and improve upon the 7-Eleven brand presence. Focus is primarily on site selection, site presentation, and negotiation, of traditional real estate deals (lease, developer built to suit, and fee acquisition) as well as Business Conversion Program (BCP) sites. In addition the successful candidate will work to optimize the existing portfolio of store by identifying existing 7-Eleven branded location that meet site quality criteria and site attributes to warrant optimization through investment. Must be creative enough to find opportunities, quick enough to seize the moment, articulate enough to negotiate a deal, persistent enough to keep trying until success is achieved, and resilient enough to deal challenges that are not within your control.
- Work with the Real Estate Manager, internal network planning team, and local operations professionals to create and implement comprehensive, strategic, metro area business plans.
- Must have the ability to analyze potential trade areas by researching demographic variables, pedestrian/traffic counts and other activity generators relative to strength and number of competitors, and growth opportunities.
- Evaluates and recommends specific sites within identified traded areas for new store development.
- In addition to adding stores to improve market concentration, network plans also include recommendations to improve the existing store base such as adding gasoline dispensers, remodels, scrape and rebuilds, relocations, and site closures. Completes and evaluates financial rate of return information to determine financial feasibility of new store site selection.
- Works extensively with internal and/or outside counsel, financial planning, gasoline, construction, and environmental services to negotiate and assist in gaining approval of new site selections and document execution.
- Develops a pipeline of sites by working with various stakeholders help identify potential sites within identified trade areas.
- Pipeline management, including updating data on site to ensure that pipeline status is adequately represented.
- Prepares materials necessary to gain management approval of sites, by way of articulating what makes the projects worthy of investment.
- Proficient in negotiating deal terms and provisions in Letters of Intent, Purchase Contracts and Leases.
- Assist in spearheading Grand Opening events of new stores in assigned market by partnering with 3rd party vendors and Operations team to host an event that is dedicated to growing new store sales.
Bachelors/4 Yr Degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years retail fuel/convenience real estate experience (or equivalent) or significant 7-Eleven operations experience.
- Optimal candidate will have deal making experience, financial acumen, negotiations and sales, analytical thinking and analysis.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills