Construction Superintendent – WWTPSuperintendent - WWTP (Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant) Construction
- Are you an experienced construction professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to get things done?
- Do you have the confidence to lead teams and the vision to see and overcome obstacles before they become a problem?
- Are you ready to work in an exciting environment that will challenge you to improve both personally and professionally?
If you answered yes to these questions then Petticoat-Schmitt might be the place for you.Please DON’T APPLY if…
Essential Job Functions
- You hate reading books and challenging yourself to improve personally and professionally.
- You don’t value honest feedback aimed at improvement.
- You aren’t determined to be an expert and share that expertise with other team members.
- You aren’t going to take extreme ownership of assigned projects and do everything within your power to win.
We take our people and culture seriously and require that every member of our team exhibits our core values. It’s not just what’s on the wall… It’s what walks down the hall. This is how we A.C.T.
- Lead and manage all field operations of assigned projects including, but not limited to, supervising foremen, managing subcontractors and vendors, quality control, safety management, equipment utilization, and coordinating with other superintendents for the best utilization of PSCC resources.
- Review, manage and execute all contract documents, and directives received from the project manager. Communicate regularly and effectively with the project manager.
- Be knowledgeable of all contract documents and their relationship to the project. (Plans, specifications, contracts, schedules, budget, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.) Know what resources are included in the project budget and manage accordingly.
- Provide input regarding the overall project schedule. Maintain the project schedule.
- Maintain accurate and “hard” short term schedules. Update schedules each week and distribute to project manager, president, foremen, equipment manager, safety director, and applicable subcontractors. (“Hard” means all activities on the short-term schedule are “locked in” not just written on the schedule. I.E., subcontractors are aware of start and completion dates, surveyors are scheduled, materials are ordered, foremen know the schedule, etc.) Proactively manage the schedule. Run your project, DO NOT let it run you.
- Know the Petticoat-Schmitt safety rules and all O.S.H.A. rules. Maintain safety compliance on all projects. You are the safety manager. Lead others and hold the job site foreman accountable. Safety is always first. Plan for safety always.
- Always do Job Briefings and ensure that foremen are doing Job Briefings.
- Keep a clean and organized worksite. Hold crews and subs to strict standards.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to your subordinates. Be a team leader.
Our superintendents take control and ownership of the planning, preparation, and execution of assigned projects. They are relentless and communicate expectations clearly, concisely, and consistently so that everyone is on the same page. They ensure the entire team knows the plan to win, and that results and safety are always prioritized.CHARACTER
Our superintendents keep the pressure on but are expected to operate with respect and integrity at all times. They honor their commitments and follow through. They are humble and make sure all of our customers know they are valued – internal and external. No jerks allowed.TEAM
Our superintendents share their vision, wisdom, and technical expertise. They engage, develop, and elevate their team members by setting and meeting goals as a team. Acting as servant leaders, they provide the tools for everyone to be their best and create an environment in which we can utilize the genius of the entire team. That’s what it takes to win.What We Bring To The Table
Compensation For This Opportunity
- UNLIMITED PAID TIME OFF POLICY – Yes, you read that right - Work hard, play hard. Right people = less rules.
- Health insurance – We pay 90% of premiums for our employees.
- 401(k) with 100% match on the first 4% of wages contributed.
- Life Insurance policy - Included for every employee.
- Dental insurance – Optional and available for employees and households.
- Vision insurance – Optional and available for employees and households.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability – Employee option.
- Paid Holidays
- $95,000 to $135,000 base salary
- Company Vehicle and Fuel Card
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Project Performance Incentive - Receive extra income for outperforming the budget.
- Company Performance Incentive - After meeting minimum performance standards, 30% of the company’s profits are shared among the employees.
- Safety Bonus - Every employee gets a safety bonus each month when the company goes without a recordable incident.
- Job sites = throughout NE Florida (mainly within ~30 miles of Jacksonville)
- Expect to spend 80-90% of your time on-site with occasional visits to the office.
- Office = Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Phillips Hwy between University and JTB)
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.About Petticoat-Schmitt
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL and in business since 2007, Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc., is a privately owned civil contracting firm. Petticoat-Schmitt performs work throughout the southeast in public and private markets and specializes in commercial and residential site development, underground utilities, clearing, grading, and roadway construction, as well as water and wastewater treatment plant construction.Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.