Reports to: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manages the financial aspects of construction projects and ensures that all financial records are accurate and up to date. Works with Project Managers to track project performance and cash flow. This position is an essential member of the Project teams, providing financial advice, help, and problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial aspects of construction projects, including budgeting, forecasting, change order management, and financial reporting
- Support projects with overall accounting and financial activities to measure and monitor project financial performance
- Prepare and distributes monthly reports on project status including budget and forecasting for project reviews, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Analyze project costs and variances, identifying areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities
- Understands budgeting, project forecasting, cost control, schedule, and project profitability
- Generate project invoices and ensure timely payment from clients
- Collaborate with project managers and other stakeholders to ensure that financial objectives are met
- Coordinate with project team to reflect changes in project scope or timeline
- Provide financial guidance and support to project teams, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and up to date financial records, ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded and documented
- Participate in the development of financial policies and procedures, ensuring that they are consistent with industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Prepares final project close out
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-4 years of construction project accounting, cost accounting, subcontractor payments, and project invoicing
- Knowledge of construction accounting software such as Textura, Procore, or Prolog
- Understands project plans and specifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project accounting or cost accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Financial acumen – cashflow, cost projections, job cost, billings projections, change order management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify, investigate, analyze, and resolve complex issues
- Basic knowledge of ISEC products, services, processes and projects
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Engages in company culture
- Open to feedback and flexible to change
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff and other departments
Customer Service Skills:
- Demonstratescommitment to deliver outstandingservice– both with internal and external customers
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner
- Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful
- Positive attitude
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. To be considered for this position, please apply on ISEC's Career Website.
For over 50 years, we’ve proudly constructed the backdrops for life’s most important events.
Quietly setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities.
We got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment, and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries. By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile, mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence.
Now with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail and commitment to any project.
At ISEC, we take time to understand each client’s unique vision and provide true project ownership and accountability. As a prime trades contractor of choice, our craftsmen ensure nothing short of excellent results on every general trade, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment project we complete.
Our Why? We’re an employee-owned company and our core values, Commitment to Customer, Integrity, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork, run deep. Our culture is based on a dedication to excellence and providing the highest level of performance, innovation, partnership and support to our team and to our clients.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site:www.isecinc.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS:In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.