Neal Communities is proud to be recognized as the 2023 #1 Top Workplace in Sarasota & Manatee Counties
. We are looking for Assistant Construction Managers to join our team in the Fort Myers area!
The Assistant Construction Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all construction activities, ensuring projects are completed on time and meet company standards. This includes scheduling, quality control, site organization, and cleanliness. The Assistant Construction Manager will communicate regularly with customers regarding the build process and schedule, and will collaborate with various departments to ensure smooth project execution.What You'll Love About Working At Neal Communities
What You'll Do
- The People! We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in our team's lives. Our employees are not just an asset to Neal Communities and its customers; they are essential to the success of our business
- Outstanding Benefits - Health Care - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid ID Theft Protection
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Service Awards
- Vendor Discount Program
What You Bring
- Coordinate all construction activities, including scheduling, quality control, site organization, and cleanliness
- Ensure production projections are accurate and houses are completed on time and meet company standards
- Communicate with customers regularly on the build process and schedule
- Complete and review orientation and one-month lists with customers
- Submit Variance Purchase Orders (VPO) to the Director of Construction or Area Construction Manager for approval
- Work with the Drafting department on all build plan updates
- Complete the build schedule and submit it for approval
- Monitor the progress of homes and conduct thorough checks at all stages of construction
- Foster teamwork with sales, designers, and trades
- Participate in continuing education through seminars, conferences, and training programs
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills
- College degree or a suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the home building industry in the absence of formal education
- Good technical understanding of homebuilding
- Focused on delivering a quality product
- Ability and experience in recognizing and solving problems, taking initiative, and seeking direction
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Self-starter who leads by example and assumes responsibility for results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 20/60/100 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain.
- Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- The ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Continuous walking, standing, and moving about.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, and legs.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
All employees will support the organization's mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration and innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Employer.