T.G. Lee Dairy
has an immediate job opening for a well-rounded dispatcher for our Orange City Transporation department to perform a wide array of functions including scheduling all outbound shipments for the location and for working with purchasing to fill back hauls for cost-effective transport whenever possible. Determine daily shipping needs for the facility and assemble orders that make up outgoing loads. Additional responsibilities include:
T.G. Lee Dairy
- Input/maintain accurate data regarding carriers, deliveries, and costs in IT systems and reports.
- Maximize carrier load weights and volume by coordinating orders with other Dean Facilities.
- Dispatch approved carriers and confirm load date/time and delivery date/time.
- Monitor loads for pick*up and delivery to customer as agreed
- Match proof of deliveries and approval of carrier invoices. Validate all charges.
- Maintain customer proof of delivery/Bills of Lading files.
- Work with inventory control to optimize warehouse space and minimize costs.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we’re passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities – come join us!Schedule
Rate Of Pay
- 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Days off are Sundays and Wednesdays (subject to change based on needs of business). Training will be conducted in the Orlando office. Coverage in the Orlando office will be needed to cover team vacation time.
- 401(k) or 401(k) with company contribution*
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Service recognition and employee rewards*
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Uniforms provided
- Work for dairy farm families
- varies by company
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months related experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the transportation industry preferred.
- Must be able to sit for virtually the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 10 pounds and assist others when lifting is required.
- Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Work Environment is a typical office setting.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre*employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled