DescriptionUpHealth Inc. - Powering healthcare’s digital transformation
UpHealth combines established services with a new, digital-first approach that doesn’t just adapt to today’s challenges but leapfrogs past them. We can integrate with any existing or emerging system and we already power many of the world’s largest and most trusted health institutions. We serve a U.S. & International network of 30,000 providers, 160+ Behavioral Health providers, and 2,100+ healthcare venues including hospitals, clinics, education facilities and large employers.Summary of Responsibilities:
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for assisting inquires in the different treatment options available to clients. The Admissions Coordinator facilitates all aspects of client’s pre-admission including clinical, medical and financial approval, and logistical arrangements.Essential Job Functions:
- Answers inquiry calls efficiently and courteously.
- Appropriately completes inquiry call forms.
- Completes prospective client pre-assessment screenings.
- Coordinates arrangements for all admissions to the facility.
- Responsible for obtaining demographic and financial information during inquiry calls.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinical, Medical, and Psychiatric staff to ensure quality client care.
- Ensures the clinical and financial screening criteria have been met prior to admission.
- Obtains necessary consents, identifications and financial documents needed to admit client into the program.
- Ability to recognize and assist in crisis situations and provide interventions based on training and experience.
- Maintains client confidentiality laws.
- Ensures a professional atmosphere at all times.
- Completes 20 annual continuing education units.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety rules, guidelines & procedures.
- Operate a fax/copy machine
- Operate a telephone
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Knowledgeable of Clients Rights and treats all clients with dignity and respect in a consistent caring manner Understands the principles of addiction and psychiatric treatment
- Employees may not hold other employment outside of the Transformations Treatment Center in any related field without prior written permission of the Director of Admissions
- One year previous experience with substance abuse facilities
- All employees may be required to work before, during and/or immediately after a natural or man-made disaster
$70,000 - $80,000 / YearUpHealth Core Values
UpHealth is an equal opportunities employer