Seeking an Estimator with civil construction experience for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Gainesville, FL.
This position offers full benefits including PTO, Medical, Dental and 401k!
Salary is between $65,000 - $75,000 per year (based on experience)
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontracts.
- Establish and maintain the pre-contract bidding process to achieve bid scheduling and established weekly goals.
- Generate Request for Information clarification requests to identify project unknowns, risks, and conflicts.
- Accurately measure areas and volumes to generate estimate quantities.
- Clearly articulate the methodology and reasoning underlying the pricing and quoting to project managers, managers, clients, and vendors.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and solicit subcontractor quote requests for project estimates.
- Liaise, consult, and communicate with project managers, engineers, accounting, and subcontractors to develop comprehensive scopes of work, estimates, budgets, and bid packages for project opportunities.
- Organize, communicate, and hand-off successful project estimates to the operations team.
- Evaluate and implement technological improvements to increase department productivity.
- 3+ years of experience estimating construction/heavy civil projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree in construction management or engineering is preferred.
- Experience with MS Excel and Bluebeam software.
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, self-motivated, and well organized.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 30 Hour OSHA Certification preferred.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!