Who we are—
Transcat is a dynamic, innovative, growing company that has been recognized as the leading calibration and compliance services provider in North America and beyond. With over 1,000 employees—in technical, consulting, operational, sales, finance, and corporate roles—we have stood the test of time by delivering on our Trust in Every Measure promise to our customers in vital industries, including life sciences, aerospace, defense, energy, and utilities. We fulfill this promise through our employees, who live Our Values every day, the Transcat Way. Our employees are at the center of the rewarding, challenging, and life-changing work we do for our customers and those they serve. Are you ready to join a company where the work you do makes a difference, and where you can grow in your career?
Here’s what Transcat has to offer—
- Work that matters.
- A values-based culture where people care about each other and the work they do together.
- Training and development to accelerate learning and career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement, stock purchase plan, and MORE!
The Customer Service Coordinator will serve as a conduit for information between operations, sales, and the customer. The successful candidate will predominantly support tickets, requests, lead escalation, quotes, and status of items - but should also be comfortable in independent decision making to proactively communicate with customers and prioritize work without high levels of supervision.
- Controls order processing workflow in the D&W system, and process units into the calibration lab software so that customer commitments are met
- Call customers with estimates and get purchase order numbers, document in the D&W system to confirm discussions
- Advise customers of status and/or completion dates of repair and calibration; call customers for pick-up
- Answer customer questions regarding billings, delivery, ship dates, etc.
- Relay general technical information to customers
- Generate purchase orders for parts and outside services as needed
- Maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date department files and records
- Enter data accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepare customer paperwork for shipments
- Prepare and coordinate daily driver pickup/delivery schedule
- Assist in shipping/receiving, as required
- Protect company assets, information and interests
- Actively support the company mission, goals, programs and policies
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work with others
- Must be able to multitask
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in a technical environment.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Transcat is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of any protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or as a member of any other protected group or activity.
We will make reasonable accommodations for personal with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of this position unless to do so poses an undue hardship on the organization or a direct threat to health or safety reasonably accommodate individuals to perform the essential functions of this position.