Intelligent Waves has an immediate need for a Virtualization Systems Administrator to support our mission-critical work for our government customers. The Virtualization Systems Administrator will join the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team focused on day-to-day IT Support, Operations, and Maintenance of a growing, enterprise-wide Big Data processing and analysis system. The ideal candidate will have experience in IT Operational support of Virtualized Environments, Large Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has delivered mission-focused, multi-domain operational expertise and innovation to the Government through high-impact technology solutions in cybersecurity, data science, enterprise network engineering, software development, and platform mission support. Always ready. Anytime. Anywhere. Any domain.
Location & Travel: This Virtualization Systems Administrator position will be based at Eglin AFB, Florida and may require some travel to other sites (20%). Travel will be reimbursed based on GSA Per Diem rates and DoD Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
Security Clearance: This Virtualization Systems Administrator position must be a United States Citizen and hold a current Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI.
Employees are required to follow all company and customer site COVID-19 protocols.
- Deliver end-to-end IT support services to end-users focused on customer satisfaction.
- Provide Systems Administration for servers, storage, workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and software.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on IT systems.
- Perform installation, configuration, hardening, and testing for new/updated system changes.
- Implement and test software patches and security fixes as required by the network operations and security center or program management office.
- Develop, execute, and improve documentation for installation, configuration, hardening, and operations and maintenance tasks.
- Document activities, status, and issues worked.
- Provide input to and follow direction from Configuration Management processes.
- Observe all technical and architectural standards and DoD/AF Guidance.
- Build and maintain positive rapport and partnerships with peers and relevant team members.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- The employee must be able to occasionally travel away from the normal duty location, to include deployments CONUS and OCONUS.
- The employee must be willing and able to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
- The employee may be required to work atypical hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, shift work, and/or overtime to support mission requirements.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field or the equivalent combination of at least four (4) years of related education, professional training, or work experience.
- Prefer at least five (5) years of experience in Systems Administration (preferably in an Air Force environment).
- Ability to possess an IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M (i.e., Sec+ CE [MCSA]).
- Possess experience in providing Configuration Management, Fault Management, Systems Administration, Database Configuration Control, and Documentation support services preferred.
- Possess knowledge of common base-level (Air Force) communication and IT systems, as well as familiarity with Air Force Instructions (17 and 33 series), especially 33-115v1.
- The ability to have a thorough understanding of the customer's mission needs and be completely knowledgeable of hardware and software capabilities and limitations supporting that functional system.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-starter - minimal supervision needed.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
Salary Range: $58,621-$192,451
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU.
Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, paid PTO leave and, life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, IW is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates and current employees. As part of this commitment, IW will ensure that those in need are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
A Veteran Friendly Organization