Reports to: Controller
Date Revised: September 18th, 2023
The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all financial statements by preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue and expense entries in accordance to GAAP standards, reconciling all accounts and compiling accurate analytical statements to Management. This role will have a heavy hand in the FP&A in addition to standard Senior Accountant functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare journal entries for final posting for Controller with supporting reconciliations
- Account analysis and reconciliation on all balance sheet accounts
- Account analysis on certain profit and loss accounts to ensure accurate GL posting/procedures within other departments
- Monthly financial statement close-work completed in accordance with the closing schedule
- Preparation of final month-end financial statements
- Preparing bank and equity compliance documents for Controller/CFO review within strict deadlines
- Active participation and contribution in all required audits
- Ensure all tax compliance in multi-state and jurisdictions including business licensure and sales and use tax (in working with Avalara)
Competencies: Excel, financial management, technical capacity, thoroughness, FP&A and communication proficiency including escalation scenarios that may impact day-to-day operations or the financials
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities currently.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional, on-site environment.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role, requiring use of typical office equipment such as a computer, laptop and phone system.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as required by manager. A flexible schedule can be arranged.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, 3+ years of Accounting experience
Preferred Education and Experience: Previous Public Firm Accounting Experience, NetSuite ERP experience highly preferred, Avalara AvaTax or CertCapture experience preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: None required for this position.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.