Neal Communities is proud to be recognized as the 2023 #1 Top Workplace in Sarasota & Manatee Counties!
Where you work matters! We are a family company, we love what we do, and it shows!
We are seeking a Construction Manager to oversee and manage the construction of our build-for-rent projects. As a Construction Manager, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all aspects of construction projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.What You'll Love About Working At Neal Communities
What You'll Do
- The People! We take tremendous pride in making a positive difference in our team's lives. Our employees are not just an asset to Neal Communities and its customers; they are essential to the success of our business
- Outstanding Benefits - Health Care - Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Long & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid ID Theft Protection
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Service Awards
- Vendor Discount Program
What You Bring
- Manage the timeline for building homes to guarantee they are finished on time and at a high standard.
- Coordinate and manage all phases of build-for-rent construction projects from start to finish.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, ensuring tasks are completed according to deadlines.
- Review homes daily to ensure readiness for the next trade partner, completion of work by a subcontractor, and determine the status per production schedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site that meets the Neal standards and is visually appealing.
- Train and manage assigned Assistant Construction Manager.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure the highest standards of construction.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Encourage and foster a team environment with effective communication and problem-solving when needed.
- Ensure all construction projects are completed within budget constraints.
- Provide regular project status updates to management.
- Schedule, manage, and adhere to all local and state inspections and building codes.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Business, or another related field
- Proven experience as a Construction Manager, preferably in build-for-rent or residential construction
- Strong leadership and management skills to effectively oversee construction teams
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Familiarity with building codes, permits, and regulations
- Proficient in using construction management software and tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with team members
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Employer.
- The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 20/60/100 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain.
- Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- The ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently.
- Continuous walking, standing, and moving about.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, and legs.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.