Primary Objective of Position:
The Finance Director position functions as a critical business partner to the Division President of our client company and the cross-functional leadership team. This individual will be responsible for providing finance decision support to the business and overall leadership of the inventory and transactional accounting functions. This position will lead a team of two or three people accountable for financial and business analysis, P & L forecasting, and inventory/shared service accounting. The Finance Director will report to the Division President and will have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the VP, Corporate Controller at the parent company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Partner with the Division President to develop key
strategies and objectives that will align with overall corporate long-range goals and drive results.
• Participate in financial close process and analysis of monthly results versus budget and forecast.
• Develop annual plan and forecasts for the business for submission to the Corporate Finance team.
• Provide recommendations and direction to the team based on trends and potential impact to the forecast.
• Manage the inventory accounting process, including costing and valuation, and related journal entries and account reconciliations to support month end close.
• Manage cost of goods sold, inventory demand planning, and assist with ad-hoc pricing/margin analysis.
• Manage shared service accounting, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Establish standardized reporting best practices for the business, specifically product profitability (pricing, costing, variances, margins (series/ line/, plant, new product support). This includes establishing and maintaining internal controls to support and safeguard financial integrity.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Partner with cross-functional business leaders to provide appropriate ad hoc and data analysis to drive the business strategy forward and enable effective decision making.
• Work closely with Operations, understanding the various aspects of the business and the impact change has on financial performance.
• Develop and help to steward and drive execution for key investments to grow the business (e.g., capacity expansion projects, compliance/safety projects, or efficiency projects).
• Prepare and deliver financial presentations to senior leadership.
• Strong analytical skills, experience with metrics and KPIs. Experience with Big Data, CRMs, and web analytics.
• Strong influencer, problem solver, results oriented.
• Collaborative, proactive team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administrative initiatives.
• Ability to lead teams through change management.
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA, CMA or MBA is highly preferred.
• Minimum 12-15 years of total finance experience, with
experience valued in Public Accounting and in a Business Controller or Finance Manager role within a mid-size to large manufacturing/sales organization.
• Management experience and an ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of financial modeling, controls, and variance analysis; a strong business and financial acumen with experience working with finance/reporting systems.
• Strong understanding of ERP/MRP systems.
• Ability to utilize data and analytics to drive and measure results.
• Experience interfacing with senior leadership with the ability to influence and drive strategy
For more information about Ferreri Search as well as other positions we are working on, visit our website at www.ferrerisearch.com