Join us as a Maintenance Mechanic at our DeLand, FL plant.
Starting pay is $28 an hour, plus shift differential
Quarterly Performance Bonus
Eligible for skill-based wage increases
Career Advancement Opportunities
Paid holidays and PTO.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 3rd shift 10:00pm - 6:00am (overtime required as needed)
At Kingspan, our future success is based on the quality of our people, who's expertise and motivation have helped ensure that we remain at the forefront of the construction materials manufacturing industry. In joining Kingspan you become an important part of a growing organization with a reputation for innovative design and use of technology, technical expertise, product quality, service excellence, and dedication to sustainability.
Plus we offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Assistance Program, Identity Theft Protection, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Reimbursement, Pregnancy and Parental Leave, and 401k with company match.
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for our DeLand, FL plant!
Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Must possess valid driver license
- Must possess valid forklift operator license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Kingspan Insulated Panels North America, a division of the Kingspan Group Plc headquartered in Ireland, is a global and trusted leader in the design, manufacturing, and supply of high-performance sustainable building products and solutions for the construction industry. As the most energy-efficient, cost-effective building envelope solutions, insulated metal panels are at the forefront of sustainability. We serve the architectural, commercial/industrial, cold storage and food processing markets, and are committed to delivering the most advanced building products on the market. Learn about our Planet Passionate initiatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEeIS55WMOk