We are a professional recruiting firm specializing in recruiting for the elevator industry.
We represent an independent/non-union clients. Our client is offering top pay and relocation benefits for an experienced Elevator Mechanic/Technician to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience as a service, install or modernization mechanic. Experience with residential elevator installs and service is also desired.
Elevator Mechanic Job Description
We are looking to hire an experienced elevator mechanic to service and maintain our client's elevators, moving walkways, and escalators. As an elevator mechanic, you will be required to oversee the installation of new elevators, perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctioning systems, repair or replace parts, and conduct safety tests.
To ensure success as an elevator mechanic, you should have advanced mechanical knowledge of elevator systems, good troubleshooting skills, and be able to work after hours if required. Ultimately, a top-class elevator mechanic installs, repairs, and maintains a client's system with the least amount of downtime.
Elevator Mechanic Responsibilities
- Overseeing the installation of elevators, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
- Responding to mechanical failures and system malfunctions.
- Installing and testing electrical systems.
- Servicing and maintaining machine parts.
- Repairing or replacing system parts.
- Oiling and greasing moving parts.
- Carrying out safety checks.
- Maintaining stock and ordering supplies.
- Maintaining a clean working area.
Elevator Mechanic Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Relevant mechanical certification.
- Previous work experience as an elevator mechanic.
- Advanced knowledge of elevator systems, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when required.
- Ability to work independently.
Our client is equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35 to $65.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Do you have reliable transportation and a clean Motor Vehicle Report?
- Elevator Mechanic : 4 years (Preferred)
- Elevator Mechanic License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person