The Elevator Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining the vertical transportation systems.
- Repair, operate, maintain and repair the vertical transportation equipment and systems
- Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment
- Ensure proper operation of system in compliance with required regulations and codes
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work standards
- Handle after-hours emergencies of vertical equipment when on-call
- Available to be in the on-call rotation and when needed for emergencies in facilities
- Perform other duties as needed
- Dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications And Competencies
- Minimum of four years of vertical equipment maintenance and repair experience is required. State Certification is required as well.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, schematics, and manuals. Ability to communicate clearly with peers, managers, and the general public.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to work independently, and safely. Must be able to make sound decisions. Must be constantly aware and alert of surrounding conditions.
- This position requires heavy lifting, moving, standing, and sitting. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Will regularly be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- Must be knowledgeable in local codes and regulations. Must be familiar with PC, windows applications and Lotus Notes. Some travel is required. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment. Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs
- This position requires routine handling of heavy and/or bulky items as escalator steps, gears, handrails, etc... Will be required to operate machinery such as escalators, and elevators. Will be required to travel between locations. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in a retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise levels.